The Unique design of FirstLight UV Illuminator provides extremely uniform UV illumination, which is critical for accurate quantitative analysis.
UVP has received the prestigious "Photonics Circle of Excellence" Award from Laurin Publishing for the FirstLight UV Illuminator! The award recognizes this instrument as a technically innovative product.
The FirstLight UV Illuminator represents a unique highly uniform excitation source for quantitative fluorescent imaging in a wide range of genomic and proteomic applications:
- Electrophoretic separation and quantiation of 1D and 2D protein separations
- Solid phase immunoassay
- DNA quantitation
- RNA quantitation
- High sensitivity and dynamic range are consistent across the illumination surface
- Software correction of uniformity is no longer required
- Accurate gel to gel comparison
- Uniformity now supplies <5% coefficient of variance (CV) across the full filter area
- When used with UVP’s BioImaging System and CCD camera, the configurations provides a low cost solution compared to laser scanning
- Construction design includes an electronic ballast for increased stability and reduced power consumption
- Compact size
- Illuminator includes a Gel-Cutter, Focus Target and UV Blocking Cover