Cell cultures, tissue cultures and bacteria cultures, as well as micro-organisms, need protection in a controlled and physiologically ideal environment. Especially for in-vitro fertilization, the precision and reliability of the CO2 incubator are of crucial importance, as the slightest deviation in the CO2 atmosphere, temperature or humidity content during cultivation can already affect cell development. For this reason, Memmert has subjected its CO2 incubators INCOmed to a comprehensive evaluation process for their recognition as medical devices. The classification as class IIa medical device confirms that each Memmert CO2 incubator INCOmed complies with the essential safety requirements of the European Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC.
- Temperature range up to +50 °C
- 3 model sizes (108l, 153l and 246l)
- The standard INCOmed appliance can be expanded with 7 additional modules
- State-of-the-art control technology based on the P performance class for all models
- Humidity limit control integrated as standard for all models (humidity module with active humidity control system at extra charge)
- For all models, the inner chamber, including all fittings and all sensors, can be sterilised at +160°C in a 4 hour programme, using the standard STERICard