The importance of sterilization is essential to good laboratory practice, particularly in biotechnology, pharmaceutical and clinical laboratories. Of all sterilization methods, high pressure steam (autoclave) is the most widely used because of its efficacy, speed and reliability.
SANYO MLS-Series top-loading autoclaves provide a safe, reliable high pressure steam sterilizing environment within a self-contained unit that is particularly easy to use. These reliable, energy saving autoclaves are ideal for a wide range of applications.
- Microprocessor controls
- Fail-safe functions
- Compact design
High pressure autoclaves are the most popular method of sterilization used in today's laboratories. Autoclaves are used in a wide variety of applications including:
- Culture media preparation
- Labware sterilization
- Waste sterilization
- The top of the autoclave chamber is only 641 millimeters from the floor.
- This low-profile design makes it very easy to load the sterilizing baskets (MLS-3751L).
- The door opens upwards, so no slide open space is required.
- This makes the 37-centimeter wide chamber easy to access, and a low-profile design is also made possible.
- The MLS-3781L offers 75-litre capacity with the same footprint as the MLS-3751L.
Large Diameter Chamber
- The 14.6" (37cm) diameter wide chamber offers ample capacity.
- Up to four 1000ml flasks will fit easily into one sterilizing basket, for a total capacity of 8 1000ml flasks.
- Also, two racks holding 50 test tubes can fit into one basket.
- The MLR-3751L can hold up to three baskets at one time.
Microprocessor Temperature Control
Sterilizing temperature is controlled by microprocessor to within +2°C/-0°C of the set temperature in the range of 105°C to 135°C.
Process Voice Notification
A new feature the MLS series includes is voice notification of the system process. Each step of the process is notified via a pre-recorded voice message, allowing the end user to hear the process as it is happening from across the room.
Double Interlocking Structure
To ensure the safe operation of this high-temperature, high-pressure autoclave, the chamber and the open/close lever are controlled by a double interlock system dependant on temperature and pressure sensors. In this way, it is impossible to open the autoclave until temperature and pressure levels are safe.
Optional Process Printer (Model MLS-37PR)
Process documentation is available via an optional built-in type thermal printer. The printer prints out the process run results of temperature, pressure, vs. time. Each printout is date and time stamped for future reference.
Optional Object Temperature Sensor (Model MLS-37SB)
Measures temperature of items in the autoclave chamber and sets the sterilization timer accordingly. Suitable for materials that heat up more slowly than the chamber, such as resins. After installation, the autoclave control system can be switched between this sensor and the main sensors.
Air Vent Control
The exhaust valve release temperature can be set to allow automatic release after the sterilizing cycle has been completed. The setting range is from +0°C to 25°C above boiling point to suit the items being sterilized (patent pending).
Ergonomic Design SANYO has included a host of features to make this autoclave user friendly.
- A heat-insulating resin coating and corners are gently rounded to simplify cleaning.
- The control panel is mounted on top so its easier to see and use.
- A clip-on drainage hose and an exhaust air tank simplifies filling and emptying.
- The lever locking system offers additional safety.
Pre-sets are programmed for sterilizing, preparing and maintaining culture media. Four courses with three variations offer a total of 12 programs.
*Available in 50 liter and 75 liter capacities.