The FEI Nova™ NanoSEM line of SEMs provides high-quality nanoscale research tools for a variety of applications that involve sample characterization, analysis, nanoprototyping, and S/TEM sample preparation.
More samples, including the most non-conducting or contaminating materials, can equally be characterized or analyzed in the Nova NanoSEM 50 series, using its unique low vacuum capabilities. Characterization in low vacuum extends all the way up to ultra-high resolution, thanks to FEI’s Helix™ detector technology. Small and large samples can easily be accommodated inside the large chamber, on the Nova NanoSEM’s high precision, high stability stages.
In addition, a high definition camera and a correlative navigation unit help to find and move to the right region of interest in no time. For nanoprototyping, the Nova NanoSEM 50 series offers the most extensive set of integrated tools, including a 16-bit on-board digital pattern generator and dedicated patterning software, a high speed electrostatic beam blanker and gas injection systems for direct electron beam writing of nanostructures. The Nova NanoSEM 650’s stage is empowered by piezo-motors for producing finer, higher XY repeatability over the full 150 x 150 mm range of movement.
- Field emission SEM with ultra-stable, high current Schottky gun
- Advanced optics and detection, including immersion mode, beam deceleration, in-lens TLD-SE and -BSE, DBS and STEM for best selection of the information and image optimization
- Beam landing energy down to 50 V
- 1.4 nm @ 1 kV without beam deceleration
- World’s only true high resolution low vacuum FESEM : 1.8 nm @ 3 kV and 30 Pa
- Up to 200 nA for analysis in high or low vacuum
- Integrated 16-bit scanning/patterning engine
- Ultra-clean, oil free scroll- and turbo-pumped vacuum system
- 150 x 150 mm high precision, high stability piezo stage (Nova NanoSEM 650)