The Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) today is extending into an ever wider field of applications, not only in academic research, but also in various industries. Associated with this trend, samples requiring observation and analysis also cover a wide spectrum of applications from one to another. The S-3700N has been developed with these widely diversified applications in mind. In its standard configuration it comes with a secondary electron detector, a five-segment backscattered electron (BSE) detector and a variable pressure (VP) mode.
This allows observation of most samples in their natural state, or wet condition, without the need for metal coating which had in the past been required for conventional SEM. The S-3700N has a huge sample chamber and can accommodate samples as large as 300mm in diameter and 110mm high. It has many accessory ports for the wide range of applications today's microscopists require. These accessories include EDX, WDX, EBSD, Chamber scope,cooling stage and so on. This versatile and flexible system will deal with your needs well into the future.
- The extra large chamber can accommodate a maximum 300mm diameter sample and EDX/WDX/EBSD accessories simultaneously. It also accommodates a tall sample up to 110mm.
- 5-axis motorized stage with eucentric tilt and rotation, image navigation system, stage history, stage memory and click to center.
- User-friendly GUI design that is consistent with the S-4800, SU-70 & the S-3400N to allow operators to easily migrate from tool to tool with minimum training.
- The display system allows a full-frame, flicker free, high pixel density and real-time image. It also allows simultaneous display of images from two different detectors, each having different sample information, in real-time, including signal mixing.
- VP mode for observation of non-conductive samples without the need for metal coating.
- High sensitivity semiconductor BSE detector, that operates at a rapid scan mode. This makes finding areas of interest on large samples easy and convenient.
- Turbo Molecular Pump (TMP) is standard. This minimizes sample contamination due to its clean and dry vacuum conditions. Unlike conventional diffusion pumped SEM, it does not require large heating power or water re-circulator, making it an energy saving ecological SEM.