- High-speed vibrational mixing action - ideal for microtitre plates
- Digital selection of speed
- Personal sized SSM5 for mixing 4 plates simultaneously
- Laboratory size SSL5 for mixing 8 plates simultaneously
- Built-in digital timer or continuous operation
- Accessories available for the mixing of microcentrifuge tubes
The SS:5 series of high-speed microtitre plate shaker are designed for the mixing of microtitre plates and microcentrifuge tubes. High speed combined with a tiny orbit creates a vigorous shaking action required for mixing small volumes contained within well plates and microcentrifuge tubes. Supplied with a highly effective non-slip mat, the mat will securely hold in place up to four microtitre plates.
Speed is variable from 250 to 1,250 rpm and is easily set via the digital display in 10rpm increments. The built-in digital timer can be either set from 1 second to 90 minutes, 1 minute to 9 hours or in minutes only mode up to 9999 minutes for maximum versatility. The units can also be set for continuous operation.
A choice of three accessory tube holders is available, designed to accommodate 1.5ml, 0.5ml and 0.2ml microcentrifuge tubes. Two tube holders can be used at any one time and are securely held in place by the non slip mat, turning the unit into an effective microtube mixer.
For samples requiring controlled temperature and/or humidity conditions, the SSM5 small footprint is ideal for placement inside CO2 incubators.