Today's research requires that instrumentation be cost effective, reliable and easy to use. In response to those requirements, BioTek Instruments has developed the Synergy™ HT Multi-Mode Microplate Reader. This plate reader for fluorescence, absorbance and luminescence measurements was designed with an emphasis on superior performance in all detection methods. Unlike many multi-mode microplate readers, the Synergy HT utilizes a unique dual-optics design.
When making fluorescence determinations, the Synergy HT uses a tungsten halogen lamp with interference filters for wavelength specificity in conjunction with a PMT detector. The tungsten halogen lamp produces a large amount of light at a constant intensity, providing increased sensitivity and repeatability. Specially designed fluorescent interference filters prevent light leakage from excitation wavelength to the emission wavelength, particularly important with fluorescent compounds with small Stoke's shifts. In addition, the ability to use filters with different bandpasses allows the investigator to tailor their fluorescence measurements to their experiment more effectively.
The low noise PMT is operated in digital photon integration mode for high performance luminescence measurements.
When absorbance measurements are made, the instrument switches to a Xenon Flash Lamp and a monochromator for wavelength selection. The use of a xenon flash lamp allows for both UV and visible light absorbance measurements. The monochromator provides wavelength selection from 200 to 999 nm in 1 nm increments. Thus, dual-optics design allows the investigator to have three different reading modes without compromise.
The Synergy HT has a 4-Zone™ temperature control system that ensures superior temperature uniformity necessary for kinetic assays. With a compact footprint and robot-accessible carrier design, the Synergy HT is also compatible with most automated systems. A Reagent Dispenser option is available. Reader control is via BioTek's Gen5™ Data Analysis Software. USB and serial ports are available for easy connectivity.
- Automatic top and bottom epifluorescence read modes optimized for both sensitive homogeneous and cell-based assays
- Compatible with Take3 Micro-Volume Plate: sixteen 2 µL microspots for low volume DNA/RNA 260 nm measurements. Saves precious samples, very fast and simple process.
- Software-controlled automatic probe height adjustment with built-in plate sensor to prevent probe crashes
- Scanning monochromator for wavelength scans to identify peak absorbance and provide full spectral analysis
- Luminescence measurements with top detection for best sensitivity
- Reads 6- to 384-well microplate formats including PCR trays and Terasaki plates
- Well area scanning for popular cell-based assays
- Time-Resolved Fluorescence capability
- Dual Reagent Dispensers
- USB and serial ports for easy connectivity
- Includes Gen5™ Software