Published on January 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM
The new product planning and development process is fraught with challenges, from regulatory requirements and safety concerns to cost constraints and competitive pressures. New product planning leaders looking to safeguard their new products' success in 2012 and beyond need an updated road map to help guide them through the new clinical development landscape.
To that end, Best Practices, LLC has collected hundreds of best practices, narratives, and metrics around the issue of new product planning and development in the pharmaceutical industry. To provide new product planning executives with the critical information they need to successfully develop their pipelines, we have consolidated our best new product planning research and services into the New Product Planning Excellence Services.
Through this service, we connect new product planning leaders to benchmarking and networking solutions to address a variety of mission-critical issues, including:
- Identifying the critical set of activities that new product planning groups have to perform
- The timing of the activities during the development process, as well as their intended outcomes and value for the organization
- Coordination of regional and global new product planning activities
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of various new product planning organizational structures
- Transitioning commercialization roles from early-stage commercialization to in-line groups
- Effective collaboration of cross-functional teams involved in early-stage commercialization
- Effective early-stage commercialization organizational and reporting structures
- Integrating market research into commercialization and portfolio management
- Establishing clear roles and responsibilities to improve accountability and performance
Executives and managers can use this service to build and sustain high-performing, well-recognized New Product Planning organizations that can deliver on corporate strategies.
SOURCE Best Practices, LLC