New research report provides overview of generic drug market in Japan
Published on August 19, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Overveiw of Japanese Generic Drug Market" report to their offering.
This report talks about the overview of Japanese generic drug market. It gives the readers ann understanding of the overall climate surrounding generic market in Japan.
The report covers related regulations, generics's share in Japan, market size, primary makers, market trend, and updated situation about biosimilars and authorized generics.
The share of generics in the prescription drugs market increased in terms of both volume and value. The 2012 volume share was 25.8%. This increase has been particularly pronounced since 2007 due to government measures devised to increase the use of generics.
The market size for generics in 2012 was about 55 billion JPY. This was about 9% of the prescription drugs market as a whole. The generics market is estimated to grow to around 78 billion JPY in 2016.
Physicians in Japan who possess the ability to write prescriptions hold a deeply rooted faith in new drugs. Moreover, as it benefits medical institutions and pharmacies to give preferential treatment to new drugs that conventionally have large profit margins, the use of generics has not increased much.
Key Topics Covered:
- Definition of Generic Drugs
- Laws and Regulations Pertaining to Generics
- NHI Drug Price
- Share of Generics in Prescription Drugs Market
- Market Size
- Sales of Leading Japanese Companies
- Principal Industry Association
- Primary Generic Manufacturers
- Overview of Leading Japanese Generics Companies
- Current Market Environment Conditions
- Considerations by Company Type
- Government Measures to Promote the Use of Generics
- Authorized Generics
- Future Outlook
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Nippon Chemiphar
- Nippon Kayaku,Kissei