Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG AEX: PHIA) today introduced DoseWise Portal 2.2, a next generation radiation dose management software platform for healthcare providers to record, track and analyze radiation exposure to patients and clinicians.The latest version of DoseWise Portal includes enhanced connectivity and informatics capabilities to address key challenges faced by radiology departments, such as managing dose exposure to ensure patient and staff wellbeing and improving integrated access to patient information to deliverdata-driven decision support. Radiation dose management and safety are growing concerns as clinicians and health systems comply with new Joint Commission standards related to CT imaging protocols and dose optimization. Additionally, the new Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) payment program, MACRA,includes dose management-related requirements clinicians must follow for more accurate and completereimbursement.
At this year’s Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting, Philips will demonstrate DoseWise Portal 2.2, highlighting its new capabilities, including integration with Philips IntelliBridge Enterprisefor HL7 functionality and IntelliSpace PACS. Collectively, these new features enable clinicians to access more patient information, helping them to moreeasily interpret patient radiation dose per exam across modalities and analyze overall cumulative exposure.
Philips DoseWise Portal 2.2 integrates with key Philips health IT systems as well as third-party radiology dictation software to provide radiologists with greater patient information access and data capture for more informed decisionsupport about dose management. DoseWise Portal 2.2 is now integrated with:
- IntelliSpace PACS– Users may view the patient’s exam radiation exposure directly from the PACS image, or by retrieving the patient’s total radiation exposure exam history from the modality worklist.
- IntelliBridge Enterprise– Allowsusers to query/retrieve crucial updated patient demographics from the hospital’s EMR, such as body mass index(BMI) weight and age, for use with the DoseWise Portal.
- Leading radiology dictation software – Enables patient radiation exposure to be populated into dictation reports, saving time and helping to reduce transcription errors.
“This next generation of DoseWisePortal provide clinicians with a full picture of the patient’s exposure history within that institution, for enhanced decision support to ensure proper dose optimization and justification for exam ordering is accomplished right the first time,”said Dominic Siewko, radiation health and safety officer, Philips. “Philips is committed to providing industry-leading technology and informatics solutions for radiation dose management. The new features in DoseWise Portal promote a culture of safety in the radiology department while allowing clinicians to tap into deep analytics and actionable insights from radiation exposure data.”
New Integrations Enable Improved Decision-Support and Reporting
DoseWise 2.2 is a multi-vendor and multi-modality solution that collects patient radiation dose data from X-ray modalities and allows for enhanced customer data analysis. In addition to expanded integration with Philips IntelliSpace PACS, IntelliBridge Enterpriseand vendor neutral third-party radiology dictation software, DoseWise Portal 2.2 also includes:
- Expanded connectivity to Philips DoseAware products –Compatibility with DoseAware and DoseAwareXtendcombines patient and staff dose information into a single display for deep analytics of radiation exposure. The entire family of DoseAware products arenow compatible with DoseWise Portal.
- Customized user-friendlyAnalytics Package –Intuitive user interface and enhanced “Chart Builder” charting and graphing functionality simplifies reporting needs and includes a customizable dashboard and popular reporting formats.
Philips is showcasing DoseWise Portal 2.2at RSNA 2016 at booth #6735 in Hall B at McCormick Place.