SPEX SamplePrep has introduced the 1200 GenoLyte® homogenizer that offers a perfect solution for laboratories requiring a compact yet robust cell lyser and tissue homogenizer.
The homogenizer is provided with interchangeable sample vial holders that accommodate different types of vials, ranging from 2 to 12 mL. The instrument is particularly developed for tissue homogenization, cell lysis, and rapid cell disruption via bead beating. As a result, proteins, nucleic acids, and other target molecules can be extracted quickly and efficiently.
In addition, the GenoLyte® homogenizer can be used for grinding harder materials like minerals, rocks, and soil.
- Protein extraction
- DNA/RNA research and extraction
- Cell lysis
- Tissue homogenization
- Biofuel research
Standard samples include:
- Plant and animal tissue
- Cell cultures
- Interchangeable vial holders can accommodate 2 x 12 mL vials, 2 x 7 mL vials, 4 x 5 mL vials, or 6 x 2 mL vials
- Automated mechanical disruption via bead beating makes the homogenizer suitable for cell lysis applications such as protein extraction and RNA/DNA extraction
- A safety interlock switch provided in the lid pauses the motor if the lid is accidentally opened at the time of the grinding process
- Clear lid enables users to view the grinding process
- Start, stop, and pause buttons enable users to begin and end the grinding process
- Rate and timer controls enable users to set time and adjust the speed
- Digital display screen in the homogenizer shows run times in minute:second format