Maxim Integrated’s MAX11047, MAX11048, and MAX11049 analog-to-digital converters are the industry’s first true 16-bit, up-to-eight-channel, simultaneous-sampling SAR ADCs. The MAX11047 provides up to four independent input channels, the MAX11048 6, and the MAX11049 8. These Maxim Integrated ADCs feature independent track and hold (T/H) and SAR circuitry and offer simultaneous concurrent sampling at 250 ksps for each channel. These devices accept a 0 to +5V input.
All inputs are over-range protected with internal ±20 mA input clamps offering over-range protection with a simple external resistor. Other features include a 4 MHz T/H input bandwidth, internal clock, and external or internal reference. A 20 MHz, bidirectional, parallel interface delivers the conversion results and receives digital configuration inputs.
- Single analog and digital supply
- 16-bit ADC
- 16-bit, high-speed, parallel interface
- High-impedance inputs up to 1 GΩ
- Fast 3 μs conversion time
- On-chip T/H circuit for each channel
- Internal clocked conversions
- 10 ns aperture delay
- 100 ps channel-to-channel T/H matching
- High throughput: 250 ksps for each channel
- External reference range of 3.0 V to 4.25 V, allowing full-scale input ranges of +3.7 V to +5.2 V
- Low drift, accurate 4.096 V internal reference providing an input range of 0 to 5 V
- 56-pin TQFN and 64-pin TQFP packages
- Automatic test equipment
- Vibration and waveform analysis
- Multiphase motor control
- Power-grid protection
- Power-Factor monitoring and correction
||THD (dB) - Total Harmonic Distortion
||SFDR (dB) - Spurious-Free Dynamic Range
||DNL (±LSB)- Differential Nonlinearity
||INL (±LSB) - Integral Nonlinearity
Maxim Integrated MAX11046 Evaluation Kit
The Maxim Integrated MAX11046 evaluation kit (EV kit) offers an established design to evaluate the MAX11046 eight-channel, 16-bit, simultaneous-sampling ADC. The EV kit also includes Windows XP®-, Windows® 2000-, and Windows Vista®- compatible software that offers a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the MAX11046.
The MAX11046 EV kit PCB is provided with a MAX11046ETN+ installed. The MAX11046 EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX11044, MAX11045, MAX11047, MAX11048, and MAX11049.