With Celldiscoverer 7, you can combine the ease-of-use of an automated boxed microscope with the image quality and flexibility of a classic inverted research microscope. Celldiscoverer 7 calibrates itself, detects and focuses on your samples while the optics adjust themselves.
Whether working with 2D or 3D cell cultures, tissue sections or small model organisms, you will acquire better data in shorter times with this reliable automated live cell imaging platform.
Your Flexible Automated Microscope
- Celldiscoverer 7 is a fully integrated high-end automated live cell imaging system. Tailor the system to your applications with various incubation and detection options.
- Go for fast, sensitive sCMOS or EMCCD cameras when performing demanding live cell experiments and rapid time lapse recordings. For screening applications with high throughput, choose a high dynamic range camera with a large field of view.
- Add fast deconvolution to get better data from three-dimensional samples.
Get Quality Data from Your Samples
- A hardware-based focus finds and keeps the focus automatically after detecting the thickness and optical properties of the sample carrier for demanding long-term, time-lapse imaging.
- Autocorr objectives correct spherical aberrations to deliver crisp contrast and high resolution.
- The automated microscope Celldiscoverer 7 provides a range of integrated incubation options to create the right environment for your living cells.
Easily Get Reproducible Results
- Automatic calibration routines ensure reproducible results.
- With barcode recognition you can identify your sample, sample carrier and even the type of experiment.
- If you don‘t work with barcodes, an automatic preview scan will identify the sample carrier and calibrate it.
With Celldiscoverer 7 you are free to use Petri dishes, chamber slides, multiwell plates, plastic or glass, thin or thick vessel bottoms, low skirt or high skirt plates. Automatic sample recognition detects all relevant vessel features while loading your sample.
Autocorr objectives adjusts the correction ring of the objective to compensate for spherical aberrations. Find Focus automatically places your sample in focus and Definite Focus keeps it there. Get crisp images with low phototoxicity from deep inside your sample.
In life sciences, cell biology or screening applications, your samples mostly consist of water and / or will be mounted in aqueous solutions. Celldiscoverer 7 combines an outstanding 50x water immersion objective with rapid automated immersion supply and removal.
An elastic silicon membrane simultaneously seals the sample chamber to avoid unnecessary airflow while protecting the system from potential liquid spillage.
Additionally, Celldiscoverer 7 is automatically monitoring the immersion and adding water, as needed. With this automated microscope you can perform unbiased live cell experiments at 37 °C over several days or carry out extensive scanning processes on multiwell plates.
Find Focus – Keep Focus
Use the hardware-based Find Focus function to automatically focus your sample and find your region of interest. Select Definite Focus to maintain the focal position throughout your experiments.
Or combine both methods: The automated microscope Celldiscoverer 7 can automatically create focus maps for multiple positions in long-term time-lapse experiments.
Capitalize on LED-Technology for Live Cell Imaging
Use the advantages of LED-technology for efficient illumination with low phototoxicity, fast switching times and long-term stability. That’s what delivers gentle imaging, increased throughput and reproducible results.
The fluorescence excitation unit combines up to seven LEDs for maximum flexibility in the choice of dyes – from deep blue to far-red.
Get More Details with Deconvolution
With deconvolution you can increase the contrast and improve the signal-to-noise ratio and resolution while performing automated live cell imaging of your three-dimensional samples.
With the automated microscope Celldiscoverer 7 and the deconvolution algorithms in the ZEN imaging software you use a novel approach with depth variant point-spread-functions for deep imaging.
In combination with the Autocorr objectives of Celldiscoverer 7 you will get excellent results from thicker samples 30 times faster than with traditional technologies.