The Primary Cancer Culture System is a full cell culture solution, engineered for the selective culture of malignant cells from primary tumors or patient-derived xenografts.
PromoCell’s Primary Cancer Culture System is a standardized, defined and animal-component-free (D-ACF) system that is intended for the isolation and culture of human primary tumor cells.
The medium was engineered to be applicable for in vitro cell culture solutions, and used for the isolation and culture of malignant cells; for example, from patient tumor samples or patient-derived xenografts (PDX).
Owing to precise stromal control, an extended culture enables the functional selection of malignant cells. This principle allows users access to an enriched population of primary cancer cells. The selection process dispenses with the use of toxic agents.
Since on a cellular level malignancy itself is the only selection principle, the cell diversity of the cancerous subpopulations of the original tumor is preserved.
- Has a defined and animal-component-free formulation
- Can carry out up to five primary tumor isolations with a single medium kit
- Culture PDX tumor models in vitro
- Effectively stops stroma overgrowth when isolating new tumor samples
- Establishes a culture of pure malignant cells within a span of 4 to 6 weeks
- Primary Cancer Cell Medium D-ACF, 250 ml
- NCCD surface treatment reagent, 2 ml
- SupplementMix for 250 ml
The Primary Cancer Culture System can also be applied to other uses; including enriching cell lines and draining stromal cells or other non-cancerous cells from established primary cancer cell cultures.