Cytation™ 3 is a cell imaging multi-mode microplate reader that combines automated digital microscopy and conventional microplate detection. This unique patent pending design provides rich phenotypic cellular information with well-based quantitative data.
Equipped with BioTek’s patented Hybrid Technology™ for microplate detection, Cytation 3 includes both high sensitivity filter-based detection and a flexible quadruple monochromator based system for unmatched versatility and performance.
The upgradable fluorescence cellular imaging module, with up to 60x magnification provides researchers rich cellular visualization analysis without the complexity and expense of standard automated microscopes, making cell imaging more accessible to a larger number of research laboratories at an affordable price.
Fluorescence microscopy is a powerful technique for visualizing cellular responses to understand cell proliferation, protein expression, cytotoxicity and other expressions. The ability to perform both conventional quantitative fluorescence measurements and cell imaging takes cell biology research to another level.
With special emphasis on live-cell assays, Cytation 3 features temperature control to 45 °C, CO2/O2 gas control, orbital shaking and full support for time lapse studies with BioTek’s Gen5™ software, specifically designed to make plate reading and image capture easy.
Technology advances are found throughout Cytation 3’s including high-intensity LED light sources, filter cubes optimized for high signal/noise ratio, hard coated optical filters, Olympus objectives, and superior autofocus for totally software controlled microscopy.
Cytation 3 is the recipient of the 2013 SelectScience Drug Discovery Product of the Year Award, 2013 Miptec New Product Innovation Award, Thermo Fisher Scientific “Extraordinary New Product Line Award” and 2014 Silver Edison Award.
- Automated digital microscopy and/or multi-mode microplate detection in one instrument
- Modular and upgradable: microscopy only, microplate reading only, or both
- Flexible sample format: 6- to 384-well plates, microscope slides, cell culture flasks and Petri dishes
- Affordable automation: automated XY stage, auto focus, auto exposure, automated image capture, LED intensity
- Inverted fluorescence and brightfield microscopy
- High Power LED cubes that provide superior excitation energy and long life
- Optimized epifluorescence filter cubes for superior sensitivity for commonly used fluorophores: DAPI, CFP, GFP, YFP, RFP, Texas Red, CY5 and CY7
- From 1.25x for full-well imaging to 60x for sub-micron resolution for intra-cellular details
- High quality images: Olympus objectives, 16-bit gray scale CCD camera, Semrock filters.
- Live cell assays with temperature control up to 45 °C, CO2/O2 gas control accessory option
- Endpoint, time-lapse and montage assays
- Automatic cell counting, sub-population analysis and image statistics
- Dual reagent injectors available
- Patented Hybrid Technology™ microplate reading mode with high performance filter-based optics and high-flexibility quadruple monochromator optics