MoticEasyScan is the ideal imaging resource for research, healthcare and education. It is designed to convert glass slides into digital data.
Digitization of “classical” glass slide information is an important approach for a more reliable, quick and efficient work in medical environments of histology, cytology and cytopathology.
The key benefits of a digital slide library are:
- Easy day-to-day routine operation
- Safe storage of confidential patient information
- Installation of a database for long-term scientific work
- Sharing clinical expertise
- Global networking possible
In clinical consultations of an additional expert, digitized patient information can be transmitted internationally for a “second opinion” from a renowned specialist living elsewhere. Confidential samples remain protected, proprietary patient data is kept safe. MoticEasyScan is an efficient instrument for generating and sharing superior-quality images from different sources. The implemented software is simple and easy and also allows amateur users a fast and reliable data acquisition.
Furthermore, digitized slides are a quick and easily accessible tool for advanced teaching situations. Numerous slides, some of them delicate and of historical origin, or rare cases can be shown in an identical quality to all the students. Common characteristics, single anomalies: because of the Internet access students can work from home in an efficient educational scenario:
- Database accessible 24/7
- No risk of broken slides
- Identical information for all students
Improve Your Daily Workflow. Make it Easy.
By implementing a specially designed High NA Plan Apochromatic objective 20X/0.75, color fidelity and resolution power is boosted to the maximum. The combination with a large 2/3” CCD sensor minimizes the scanning time greatly by capturing a large area within a split second, simultaneously allowing to display image detail information of a high power 40X lens.
The “progressive scan” mode guarantees high mechanical stability by reducing moving parts. Because of the Autofocus concept based on a separate camera, pre-mapping is not necessary any more – a vital requirement for a quick image acquisition.
The automatic detection of tissue area (ROI) within the full glass slide may be overwritten interactively for time-saving purposes. Tailored scanning modes may be selected for the single slides within the slide carrier. A “wavy” sample may need the “High-Precision” Autofocus (with a multiple focus approach) rather than the Standard AF.
Thick sections can be treated with the “EDOF” mode (maximum projection) or the “z-stack” mode. Both methods first create the digital database for a selected number of sample layers. The EDOF mode additionally projects all areas in focus into one final image result.
The integral 10 Watt LED with ≥ 25.000 hours life time supplies a neutral image background for bright field samples with improved color temperature of 5500~6000K. The slide trays can handle a wide slide dimension tolerance - no high-priced glass slides are required. Slide labeling via a barcode enables the implementation of the scanning process into the everyday workflow.
The basic scanning settings are password protected and may be altered according to specific requirements. Once the tray is loaded, just a simple click starts the MoticEasyScanner software and creates high quality images for further usage.
Normal - scan.
High Precision scan - Used for flatness slide or requirement for high precision image.
EDOF scan - Used for thick slide with low light-transmission.
Z-Stack scan - Used for slide with 3D reconstruction.
Once the glass slide information is conveyed into a digital format, varied image handling can be processed by the DSAssistant Viewer software.
- Viewer interface with image thumbnails and standard image information
- Subsequent image improvement for final image adjustment
- Encryption of slide information for data security
- Measurements for quantification purposes; scalebar
- Side-by-side image comparison (reference image vs. current case)
- Overlay with free editing of grids, masks to facilitate size estimates and counting
- Record of positions with free annotation options
- Synchroneous movement/zooming of two images or ROIs
- Image export in proprietary .DS format, in .jpg, .jpg2000 format and .svs format
- DS format for combining image information with extra data (PDFs, WORD reports, patient barcode)
A multiplication of data users is enabled by:
- Digital Slide Management software for Internet slide library
- Use of image data on local PC/server and upload on Cloud server
- Conference tool for group discussions and education with fixed user rights (read/write)
- Data export for 3rd party software compatibility
- Free download of viewer software Motic DSAssistant