The new ELx50 Washer is now a truly flexible platform that provides washing capabilities unsurpassed in its class. Newly available models with biomagnetic separation and vacuum filtration capabilities make the ELx50 an excellent choice for automating the wash steps of 96-well magnetic or polystyrene bead assays, such as those developed on the Luminex® xMAP® technology platform. The ELx50 Washer is Luminex® xMAP® approved.Users not requiring an integrated stacker can expect the same great bead washing performance as BioTek’s industry leading full plate washers but here in a more compact footprint.
The comprehensive onboard software makes programming quick and easy. Custom magnets, in either flat or ring designs, incorporate high-energy neodymium iron boron magnets for rapid separation of micrometer and nanometer magnetic beads with superior retention. A fast and efficient vacuum filtration module allows vacuum to be adjusted with a range of settings for flexibility with polystyrene beads when using various filter pore sizes and sample viscosities. The vacuum filtration module is also well suited for filtration-to-waste processes such as PCR cleanup after DNA amplification to remove unwanted residues or reaction by-products with filtrate. The washer’s modular platform allows for processing standard solid bottom plates used in a laboratory’s many traditional ELISAs and cell based assays.
- Syringe drive fluid delivery system for precise control over all fluid flow rates
- Wash single strips or full plates
- 96- and 384-well microplates
- Unique priming trough built into removable microplate carrier for effortless priming and easy maintenance
- Automatic buffer switching
- Create, edit, delete and copy up to 75 programs from the keypad
- Link up to 10 programs to run the most complex routines