For success in Life Science research, scientists depend on professional tools that can readily provide the information needed, regardless of the tasks at hand. By combining key technologies and components, Nanosurf has made the Flex-Bio system one of the most versatile and flexible atomic force microscope systems ever, allowing a large variety of biological and life science applications to be handled with ease. With the included C3000 controller, new levels of accuracy can be achieved with the FlexAFM scan head.
A true research AFM is only as powerful as its ability to acquire and combine sample measurement data from multiple techniques. This is where the FlexAFM can do plenty! On an inverted microscope, and in a single setup, the FlexAFM combines bright field analysis, immunofluorescent detection, AFM topography, and force mapping of the internal limiting membrane (ILM) of the human retina into state-of-the-art research towards methods for early tissue diagnostics.
Typical Flex-Bio setup
A typical Flex-Bio setup consists of the FlexAFM near-infrared scan head (either with 10- or 100-μm scan range), the C3000 controller, the motorized sample stage for inverted microscopes, an inverted microscope, a vibration isolation table, and a PC with control software. Adapters for many types of inverted microscopes are available. The motorized sample stage provides an easy way to combine inverted microscopy (bright field, phase contrast, and fluorescence) with AFM. It allows exact and reproducible position of microscope samples.
- Flat and linear scanning thanks to flexure-based scanner technology
- True flexibility with exchangeable cantilever holders for specialized tasks:
- Cantilever Holder Air Only: AFM measurements in air
- Cantilever Holder Liquid/Air: AFM measurements in air and liquid
- Cantilever Holder Scanning Thermal: Scanning thermal microscopy
- Cantilever Holder FluidFM: Fluid Force Microscopy applications
- More measurement versatility with the FlexAFM’s scanning capabilities in liquid and its additional measurement modes:
- Lateral Force Microscopy
- Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy
- Scanning Thermal Microscopy
- Fluid Force Microscopy
- Compatible with inverted microscopes:
- FlexAFM Inverted Microscope Option provides a seamless integration with many types of inverted microscopes
- Readily combine AFM and optical data (fluorescence/phase contrast/bright field)
- Imaging of biological samples on an inverted microscope in air and liquid
- Advanced force spectroscopy