Thermo Scientific™ Gilmont Falling-ball Viscometers offer a simple, accurate, low cost, absolute method for measuring viscosity of clear fluids up to 200cp. Easier to use than capillary type, and less expensive than rotating/sensor electronic-based devices.
- Unique ball-release mechanism
- Wetted parts of glass, PTFE and Viton™ seals (stainless steel and tantalum floats optional)
- Three range options per tube allow for better accuracy in each range
- Absolute reading, no electronics
- Small sample size: approx. 7mL required
- Easily used in constant temperature bath
- Closed system ideal for highly evaporative and hydroscopically deteriorative solutions