Ziath has launched a new 2D handheld barcode scanner, specifically developed for laboratory applications.
The Ziath 2D handheld barcode scanner includes the following features:
- Allows wired and wireless communications
- A smart and fully portable two-dimensional (2D) barcode reader for single tubes
- Operating modes can be chosen from the main screen icons
- Data can be uploaded to or downloaded from a host computer
- Can be customized for laboratory applications
- Cryoprotection is offered as standard
- Provides full-day operation and does not require battery recharge
Simple scan — The barcode value from a scanned tube is displayed and a list of scanned tubes is saved.
Scan and display data — The barcode value and all sample details are displayed from a preloaded checklist.
Pick list — Users can upload a list of samples to the handheld barcode scanner and can check them off one at a time.
Edit/add data — An existing sample can be edited, or a new sample can be added.
Scripts — Enables applications that involve wireless communication as well as custom projects.
The standard handheld package includes:
- A portable instrument
- A USB lead to link the instrument to a host computer
- A battery charger
- “Client” software to offer a wired interface between the instrument and the computer
- 1D linear code scanner — Compact 1D linear code scanner connected to the handheld barcode scanner through Bluetooth.
- Protective case — Protective cover has been specifically developed for the Ziath handheld barcode scanner.
- Wireless applications:
- Handheld server — This is a software interface between the computer and the handheld barcode scanner. It is a requirement for all options illustrated below.
- Keyboard wedge — Enables the handheld barcode scanner to transmit data wirelessly, to an open application available on the host computer
- Link to database — Users can generate database queries relating to their own database
- Link to samples — Data can be exchanged with Ziath’s samples software
- Link to Excel — Offers a direct link to an open Excel file available on the host computer
- Dimensions: 155 mm x 65 mm x 38 mm (length x width x maximum depth)
- Weight: 150 g
- Battery charger input: 100–240 V AC 60/50 Hz, 260 mA
- Battery charger output: 5 V DC, 2.4 A
- Battery life: Typically 8 hours between charges
- Data storage on instrument: Typically up to 60,000 samples
The Ziath handheld barcode scanner can be customized to meet site-specific applications. With the help of wireless or wired connections, the instrument can be connected to a site network and can be utilized to access and present data in distant locations.
In addition, Ziath offers the expertise needed for developing the handheld barcode scanner. This would help meet the users’ project needs and requirements.
If customers believe that the handheld barcode scanner can be adapted to solve a particular issue, they can contact Ziath.