High-speed real-time polymerized chain reaction (PCR) on a microchip opens a new era for tests in the industries where PCR was not a common method before due to its complexity and high investment requirements. The possibility of performing fast PCR in miniaturized volumes has already attracted the attention of industries and academics to carry out cost-effective high throughput testing and screening. Real-time PCR analyzer AriaDNA developed and manufactured by Lumex Instruments provides fast and easy-to-use microchip-based nucleic acid analysis in different samples.
Features of microchip-based PCR analyzer AriaDNA
- Quantitative and qualitative DNA/RNA analysis - concurrently in 20–48 microreactors via two detector channels (FAM, SYBR Green/ROX)
- PCR analysis time (45 cycles) – 20 minutes – because of high-thermocycling rate (10–12 °C/second)
- Microchips with ready-to-use immobilized PCR reagents - decrease user’s labor content
- Low sample and reagent usage - only 0.5–1.8 μl of 2x PCR master mix for 0.5–1.8 μl sample
- Low detection limits - 1–5 DNA/RNA copies per microreactor
- Reducing contamination - PCR is carried out in a microchip isolated from the environment
- CFR 21 Part 11 complaint
- Real-time data monitoring - current process settings (PCR cycle, temperature); analysis time; PCR curves factors; expected time to finish analysis; plus/minus DNA analysis results
- Export results in industry standard data formats
- Easy to use graphical interface
- Automatic report generation
- STD diagnostics
- Virus and bacteria diagnostic centers
- Clinical and lab services for medical, veterinary, and phytopathogen diagnostics
- Quality control services for food manufacturing, customs control, and biological safety
Microchips without reagents are "empty" and can be used with different reagents based on user tasks. PCR mixtures of samples and reagents can be blended into microreactors in the same manner as in a test tube.
Microchips with lyophilized reagents are ready-to-use and designed for the specific user applications in the areas of medicine, veterinary and agriculture. Microchips with lyophilized PCR reagents can be transported and kept at ambient temperature for virtually six months.
Applications of microchips with lyophilized reagents designed by Lumex Instruments:
- Determination of pathogens in raw and processed food (RUO): Salmonella spp. and Listeria monocytogenes
- Diagnostics of sexually transmitted infections in biological samples (RUO): Trichomonas vaginalis (TV), Mycoplasma genitalium (MG), Candida albicans (Ca), Mycoplasma hominis (MH), Ureaplasma spp (Ur.spp), Chlamydia trachomatis (CT), Neisseria gonorrhoeae (NG), and Herpes simplex virus I/II (HSV)
- Determination of SNP mutations in human genome (RUO) (polymorphisms in genes F2 [20210G/A], F5 [1691G/A], [1298A/C], CYP2C9 (*2 and *3), MTHFR [677C/T], VKORC1 [-1639G/A])
- Determination of infectious diseases of cows caused by microorganisms (RUO): Chlamydophila pecorum, Chlamydophila abortus, Brucella spp., Ureaplasma diversum, Trichomonas foetus, Campylobacter jejuni, Leptospira interrogans, Campylobacter fetus, Listeria monocytogenes, Mycoplasma mycoides, Mycoplasma bovis
- Determination of infectious diseases of chicken caused by viruses (RUO): Avian paramyxovirus (NDV), Coronavirus avia (IBV), Birna viridae (IBDV), Reoviridae (AORV)
*RUO – research use only.
Real-time PCR on a chip AriaDNA