Model Huntington's Disease in a Dish
We have applied our innovative technology to develop human neural stem cells directly differentiated from Huntington’s Disease iPS cells. Our cells allow Huntington's Disease researchers to build their own human cellular models in a disease-relevant genetic and tissue context.
Our ready-to-use kits allow you to concentrate on your experiments rather than spending valuable time and resources generating Huntington's Disease NSCs in your lab.
HD NSCs are ready made and easy to differentiate. By using our striatal neuron medium, they are able to differentiate to medium spiny neurons expressing key markers, such as DARPP32, CALBINDIN, GABA, CTIP2 and MAP2. By using our cerebral cortical differentiation medium kits, they are capable of differentiating into a spectrum of cortical excitatory and inhibitory neurons and remain viable in culture for months, facilitating reproducible and long-term studies.
Whether you want to study Huntington's Disease pathogenesis at the cellular level, perform neurotoxicity testing or pre-clinical drug screening, we believe that HD NSCs, alongside our optimized culture reagents provide the perfect culture system for your research success.
Advantages of Axol HD NSCs
- Human cells derived from diagnosed Huntington's Disease patients
- Available in industrial quantity
- High purity neural stem cell population
- Ready-made and easy to differentiate to either cerebral cortical or striatal neuron lineages
- Robust enough to undergo genetic manipulation
- Capable of differentiating to a spectrum of excitatory and inhibitory neurons
- Remain viable in culture for months to facilitate reproducible and long term studies
- Studying Huntington's Disease pathogenesis at the cellular level
- Studying neural network formation and signal transmission in Huntington's Disease neural culture
- Neurotoxicity testing
- Preclinical drug efficacy testing
- Co-culture studies with astrocytes
Phase Contrast Image of Huntington's Disease Human Neural Stem Cells The image was taken at Day 7 in vitro. In the centre of the image you can see HD NSCs in a neural rosette formation. Neurite outgrowth can also be observed.
Huntington's Disease Neural Stem Cells Express Neural Stem Cell Markers HD NSCs were fixed after 7 days in culture and stained using our immunocytochemisty protocol. The neural stem cells were counterstained with DAPI (Blue) to visualise the nuclei. The cells can be seen to express neural stem cell markers Ki67 (Green) and Nestin (Red).
||Monolayer & chemically defined medium
||≥1.5 million cells
||1 vial of Neural Stem Cells (≥1.5 million cells) and 1 bottle of Neural Plating-XF Medium (30 mL)
||iPSC-derived neural stem cells
||CAG repeat expansion 50