Bentham’s ISR300-PSL spectroradiometer is an essential tool for accurately assessing the blue light hazard across a wide variety of lighting products.
CE marking of luminaires based on the EU low voltage directive 2014/35/EU needs execution of the EN 60598-1 standard according to which the assessment of blue light hazard must be conducted with reference to IEC TR 6278. The ISR300-PSL offers the luminaire manufacturer the most accurate and dependable direct assessment of blue light hazard, without extremely conservative assessment results generated by using a technique based on calculation and estimation.
- Assess all types of lighting product
- Direct approach to blue light hazard testing
- An essential tool in designing lighting products for compliance
- No need for dark room or knowledge of standards
- High-accuracy telespectroradiometer
- Direct determination of blue light radiance in 11 mrad field of view
- Calculation, report generation and software guidance with PSL Wizard application
- Calibrated spectral radiance standard traceable to PTB, Germany
- Fully automated over USB 2.0 with BenWin+ spectral acquisition software
- EN 60598-1:2015, "Luminaires - Part 1: General requirements and tests"
- EU Low Voltage Directive, 2014/35/EU
- LEDs Magazine, 2015, "Risk group determination characterizes photobiological safety in LED lighting"
- IECEE IEC TR 62778: 2014 page
- IEC TR 62778, “Application of IEC 62471 for the assessment of blue light hazard to light sources and luminaires”
- IEC 60598-1:2014, "Luminaires - Part 1: General requirements and tests"
- IEC 62471:2006, "Photobiological safety of lamps and lamp systems"
- CIE TN 002:2014, Relating Photochemical and Photobiological Quantities to Photometric Quantities
- Spatially-averaged blue light radiance
- Spatially-averaged spectral radiance
- Threshold illuminance, Ethr
- Threshold distance, dthr