The new Amnis® ImageStreamX Mark II imaging flow cytometer combines the speed, sensitivity, and phenotyping abilities of flow cytometry with the detailed imagery and functional insights of microscopy. This unique combination enables a broad range of applications that would be impossible using either technique alone.
Like the original ImageStream®, the Mark II produces multiple high-resolution images of every cell directly in flow, including brightfield, darkfield (SSC), and up to 10 fluorescent markers with sensitivity exceeding conventional flow cytometers. Compared to the original ImageStreamX, the Mark II offers a streamlined workflow, greater flexibility, and optimizations for rare cell applications.
Taken together, the capabilities of the ImageStreamX Mark II make it superior for traditional flow applications while greatly expanding the scope of flow cytometry. Applications include the study of cell-cell interactions, phagocytosis, apoptosis and autophagy, the characterization of circulating tumor cells, and many others
- Faster: Up to 5000 cells/sec with real-time intensity compensation
- Easier: Simple user interface with real-time plotting and graphical gating
- More flexible: Accepts up to 7 lasers and works with sample volumes of 20-200 ul
- More efficient: Up to 95% sample utilization for high yields with rare cell samples
- More affordable: Two-laser configurations starting at $199,000