LabGard® model NU-543 is available in an 8, 10, or 12 inches (203, 254, or 305 mm) access opening. NU-543 is an effective primary engineering control in obtaining the optimum product quality while reducing the potential for exposure of both product and personnel to airborne biological or particulate chemical agents in low to moderate risk-hazard research and drug preparation or product operations by monitoring and controlling real-time airflow to maintain accurate laminar airflow and a dynamic air barrier.
An Access Opening that Meets Your Need
Your choice of an 8, 10, or 12 inches (203, 254, or 305 mm) access opening offers you the option to lower your operating cost, have more moveability in the cabinet, or somewhere in between.
Reduce Workplace Injuries
- LabGard® provides a shorter reach into the work zone bringing work materials closer to you relieving stress on your arms, back and neck.
- A standard heavy-duty plastic armrest eliminates cold conduction on forearms relieving tendons of any unnecessary stress.
- A recessed airfoil allows technicians to use the armrest without fear of blocking airflow.
- A further recessed work-tray with spill lip protection lowers the work zone making it easier for lab techs to use pipettes or creating additional space for machineries such as liquid handlers or TPN Compounding Systems
True Laminar Airflow
Unidirectional airflow moving along parallel flow lines at a constant velocity of 60 fpm (0.30 m/s) minimizes air turbulence within the work zone lessening the chance of cross contamination.
Dynamic Air Barrier
A steady inflow air velocity of 105 fpm (0.53 m/s) over an aerodynamic airfoil creates an active air barrier offering maximum personnel protection.
Construction - Nothing Else is Built like a NuAire®
The heart and core of any biosafety cabinet is construction. LabGard® AIR is constructed as a single piece. A stainless steel wrap is bent to create the cabinet’s walls. Additional sheets of stainless steel are seam welded to make up the top and bottom.
A second bent sheet of stainless steel is inserted and welded to create the work zone walls. A final piece of stainless steel is welded into place creating the foundation for the cabinet’s plenum. The result is a monolithic shell created without the use of rivets or sealants creating a longer lasting safer product.
FlowGard™ Electronic Control System
The LabGard® AIR offers the latest digital microprocessor design technology for improved cabinet performance and safety.
The FlowGard™ control system integrates a dual thermistor airflow sensor (intelliflow™) to monitor the cabinet’s airflow performance. The FlowGard™ also controls the motor/blower, visible light, UV light (optional), outlet(s), alarms, and the sliding window position.
nitecare™ Night Setback Mode
Upon sliding the window sash into the closed position, the motor blower will continue to operate at a lower rate to save energy and maintain interior clean air conditions ready for use upon window sash opening.
HEPEX™ Zero Leak Airflow System
A vacuum surrounds all LabGard® positive pressure plenums relative to the room. In the event of a leak via gasket failure, all contaminated air in the plenum is forced through HEPA filtration.
The HEPEX™ system also works to provide accurate laminar airflow by evenly distributing plenum air over the supply HEPA filter. The flexible design eliminates any vibration transfer from the motor blower as well as creates a serviceable work environment for Certifiers after decontamination.
Ultra High-Efficiency Motor
An ultra-high efficiency ECM motor automatically compensates for filter loading and line voltage variances maintaining proper airflow for the safest environment. Combined with the appropriately sized fan blade lowers energy usage while extending the life of filters.
Protected by the industry's best warranty
- 5 Year Parts (including filters) and Labor Warranty (United States and Canada)
- 6 Year Parts (including filters) (Global)
- Energy Saver (ES) DC/ECM Motor
- Motor Speed Control
- Internal Exhaust Dampener
- Monolithic Pressure Tight Design (Silicone Free)
- HEPEX™ Zero Leak Airflow
- Front Filter Removal
- Permanent Plenum with Quick Release Supply Filter
- Metal Frame Supply HEPA Filter
- 99.99% @ 0.3 Microns
- Metal Frame Exhaust HEPA Filter
- 99.99% @ 0.3 Microns
- 10” [254 mm] Access Opening
- Frame-less Sliding Tempered
- Glass View Screen
- External Fluorescent Lighting
- Plastic Armrest
- Removable Work Tray
- Work Surface Support System
- Metal Diffuser Over Supply Filter
- Spill Trough with Drain Valve
- Two Duplex Outlet Back-wall
- One Service Valve Right Side Wall
- One Service Coupling Right Side Wall
- Two Service Couplings Left Side Wall
- Power Cord