The LyoStar3 is designed to meet the needs of R&D professionals. Our freeze drying equipment is used for applications ranging from process development for scale-up to product processing for stability studies to formulations work.
The LyoStar is an R&D and process development freeze-dryer that provides unmatched process accuracy, reliability and unique ease-of-use features. The LyoStar features Type T thermocouple-controlled shelf temperature accuracy of +/- 0.5 °C or better and vacuum control within 0.1% of set-point. Its robust 5.5 hp cascade refrigeration system enables shelf pull down from ambient to –40 °C in less than 25 minutes, and the ultra-reliable scroll compressors feature just 3 moving parts.
LyoStar3 is available with ControLyo™ Nucleation Technology. To learn how you can control the nucleation step in freeze drying view our webinars and articles and technical papers on ControLyo™ Technology.
- SMART Freeze-Dryer Technology helps automate and shorten the development of freeze-drying cycles
- Delivers product information that has previously been unavailable during a cycle - dried layer resistance, heat flow and mass transfer
- Designed to facilitate scale up by maximizing features in common with well-designed commercial systems
- Configured with superior instrumentation for complete process information - isolation valve, capacitance manometers, Pirani gauge, 16 thermocouples, Allen Bradley PLC
- Available with 21 CFR Part 11 compliant software and full validation packages
- Substantially decrease cycle development time and conserves valuable API
- Delivers increased process information such as how different freezing protocols impact cake resistance
- More easily transfer cycles to larger systems
- Maximizes process control, repeatablility
- Meets even the most stringent QA requirements
- Formulation development and stability studies
- Cycle optimization and scale-up
- Lyophilization of product with organic solvents in addition to water
- Laboratory research and development and/or small production freeze drying
- Diagnostic kits
- 96 well plates
- Serum bottles and vials
Optional Components & Accessories