The MANTIS® automated liquid handler from FORMULATRIX offers versatility, efficiency and reproducibility.
Wide range of applications
- Next-generation sequencing (NGS)—library preparation
- Design of experiment (DoE) and assay development
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA)
- Bead-based and cell culture assays
- Polymerase chain-reaction (PCR) workflows—both digital and real-time
Larger automated liquid handlers or conventional hand-held pipettes can considerably degrade in precision and accuracy below 2 µL volumes, but the MANTIS® automated liquid handler prevails in versatility, reproducibility, and efficiency.
- Efficient—users can scale-up throughput, miniaturize reactions, save on reagents, and eliminate pipette tip cost
- Reproducible—users can dispense volumes as low as 100 nL at CV < 3%
- Versatile—users can easily dispense and standardize cell culture assays and reagents
Overview of the MANTIS®
The MANTIS® automated liquid handler is a simple and cost-effective solution that allows users to rapidly boost the quality and reproducibility of their research as well as the efficiency and throughput of their laboratories.
The MANTIS® has a diaphragm-based chip design that is liquid class compatible, effortlessly dispensing organic and aqueous solutions. The MANTIS® will also dispense in any SBS template ranging from 6 to 1536 well plates, and can be effortlessly programmed to dispense to customized designs, as required.
Image Credit: FORMULATRIX
- Low-volume dispensing
- High accuracy
- Throughput and speed
- Reduces reagent waste
- Can be incorporated with external systems
- CSV templates can be imported
- RFID sample use tracking
- Micro-diaphragm technology
- Intuitive user interface (UI)
- Small footprint
- Reagent compatible (DMSO, buffer 70% glycerol, beads, Mastermix, etc)
Enhance laboratory efficiency
The term efficient research means reaction volumes, tip consumption, and reagent dead volumes are reduced.
The MANTIS® liquid handler dispenses volumes ranging from 100 nL to 100s of mL, enabling scientists to usually run 2 to 5 µL reaction volumes in screening and genomics workflows.
To reduce dead volume, reagents can be plugged directly into the microfluidic chip. Dead volumes are additionally decreased to just 6 μL by making use of pipette tips as reagent reservoirs. This approach makes the Mantis® perfect for dispensing even the most valuable reagents.
Video Credit: FORMULATRIX
Assay plate can be normalized quickly and easily
- Normalization values can be estimated by software.
- The Continuous Flow (CF) chip bulk dispenses at >600 µL/second, thus rapidly normalizing every sample plate, well, and tube.
Video Credit: FORMULATRIX
Highly reproducible data
As liquid handling inaccuracy affects experimental reproducibility, scientists regard CVs as a crucial factor while taking the automation of their research into account.
At the center of the MANTIS® microfluidic dispensing chip is a valve cluster that quantifies and dispenses discrete amounts of liquid. The valve cluster contains a pair of micro-diaphragms (users can choose either 1 and 5 μL or 100 and 500 nL) that can fill and dispense as quickly as 10 times per second.
Table 1. Source: FORMULATRIX
|Low Volume Chip
Table 2. Source: FORMULATRIX
|High Volume Chip
Table 3. Source: FORMULATRIX
|Continuous Flow Chip
* = The coefficient of variation (CV) is the average of three independent microfluidic Chip readings.
Versatility for any and all laboratories
The MANTIS® can dispense any reagent reproducibly and efficiently, irrespective of concentration, temperature, viscosity, volume, and research experience. It is hardly surprising that every year, more and more scientists discover and acquire the MANTIS® for dispensing reagents as part of their various sets of scientific workflows.
NGS sample preparation
Users can miniaturize their cDNA synthesis and library preparation reactions, even when there is a limited starting material.
Cell-based assays allow uniform and soft distribution of adherent, suspension, and 3D cell cultures.
Real-time and digital PCR workflows
PCR workflows improve the profitability of any qPCR plate preparation workflow.
Assay development and optimization
Users can streamline the evolution, right from assay design to drug discovery.
Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA)
Users can optimize the performance of biomarker assays and reduce costs by decreasing reaction volumes and dead volume without affecting the quality of experimental outcomes.