A fractional exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNO) breath testing monitor to measure airway inflammation and improve asthma management.
The NObreath has been recommended by NICE to measure FeNO and aid in diagnosing asthma, in adults and children, as well as monitoring and managing asthma symptoms of patients.
Why is it important?
Airway inflammation is a central process in asthma and other lung diseases. Being able to measure this inflammation and monitor the patient’s reaction to medication is regarded as gold standard in the management of respiratory diseases.
It is increasingly recognised that the measurement of FeNO in particular constitutes a novel way to monitor separate aspects of diseases. These include asthma, COPD and interstitial lung diseases that are not assessed by other means, such as lung function.
The FeNO measurement to evaluate airway inflammation in asthma represents a significant advance in respiratory medicine, but until now this has been an expensive test to deliver in everyday practice.
- The monitor incorporates a colour touch screen.
- The battery indicator shows you when how much battery you have left and when you need to change your NObreath® batteries.
- Has adult and child compatibility profiles.
- An internal pump and NO scrubber.
Benefits to the user
- The test is non-invasive, quick and easy to perform.
- The measurement shows the patient’s response to treatment, enabling the correct prescription of medication and shows patient compliance.
- The test also aids in identifying patients who do/do not require ongoing treatment
- It is shown to be superior to the majority of conventional tests of lung function, such as peak flow recording and spirometry.
- Concentration range: 5-300 ppb nitric oxide
- Accuracy: ± 5 ppb of measured value <50 ppb ± 10% of measured value >50ppb
- Repeatability: ± 5 ppb of measured value <50 ppb ± 10% of measured value >50 ppb
- Sensor sensitivity: 5 ppb
- Breath test time: Adult 12 seconds Child 10 seconds
- Response time: -
- Warm up time: ~60 seconds
- Ambient air test: 30 seconds
- Operating temperature range: 10-30 ºC (ambient)
- Operating relative humidity (environmental): 10-80% Rh (non-condensing)
- Sensor operating life: 1-2 years; 6 month warranty
- Detection principle: Electrochemical sensor
- Sensitivity drift: -
- Maximum ambient operating level: 350 ppb NO
- Power: 4.5 V DC: 3 x AA (LR6 or equivalent) alkaline batteries
- Battery Life (1 set of 3 AA batteries): Up to 120 tests
- Display: Colour LCD with touch screen
- Dimensions: Approx. 152 x 87 x 47 mm
- Weight: Approx. 400g including batteries
- Construction: Case – Polycarbonate/ABS blend with elastomeric overmould NObreathFlo – Polycarbonate/ABS blend Mouthpiece – Polypropylene
Alcohol free cleaning wipes
Wipes containing alcohol cannot be used on the NObreath or any of its components.
Eye level flow indicator makes keeping a constant flow during exhalation easy, even for young children. Using the NObreathFloTM and mouthpieces provided allows the user to comply with ATS/ERS guidelines for FeNO testing.
Specifically designed with the latest bacterial filtration to remove 99.9% of airborne bacteria from the patient's breath. These can be used up to 3 times per patient, dramatically reducing the cost of testing for FeNo.