Model NU-540 is an effective primary engineering control in obtaining the optimum product quality while reducing the potential for exposure of both product and personnel to airborne biological or particulate chemical agents in low to moderate risk‐hazard research and drug preparation.
LabGard® ES offers economical operation through the use of an ultra-high efficiency motor to maximize filter life and monolithic silicone-free construction for long product life all for an affordable price.
A Size That Meets Your Needs
LabGard® model NU-540 is available in four different widths 3 foot (0.9 m), 4 foot (1.2 m), 5 foot (1.5 m), and 6 foot (1.8 m) ensuring there is a cabinet size that fits your application and laboratory.
Safety is Priority Number 1
True Laminar Airflow: Laminar airflowUnidirectional airflow moving along parallel flow lines at a constant velocity of 60 fpm (0.30 m/s) minimizes air turbulence within the work zone lessening the chance of cross contamination.
Dynamic Air Barrier: A steady inflow air velocity of 105 fpm (0.53 m/s) over an aerodynamic airfoil creates an active air barrier offering maximum personnel protection.
Ergonomic Design Reduces Workplace Injuries
- LabGard® provides a shorter reach into the work zone bringing work materials closer to you relieving stress on your arms, back and neck.
- A standard plastic armrest eliminates cold conduction on forearms relieving tendons of any unnecessary stress.
- A recessed airfoil allows technicians to use the armrest without fear of blocking airflow.
- A further recessed work-tray with spill lip protection lowers the work zone making it easier for lab techs to use pipettes or creating additional space for machinery such as liquid handlers or TPN Compounding Systems.
- A large user-friendly work zone offers more usable space while making the farthest corners easier to reach.
Long Lasting NuAire® Construction
No Two Cabinets Are Created Equal
Monolithic shellLabGard® Biological Safety Cabinets are constructed from 16/18 gauge, type 304 stainless steel welded together as a uniform, monolithic shell. The work zone features a coved back-wall insert welded into place creating double wall construction adding to the cabinet's integrity. LabGard® is Silicone Free and designed to provide long lasting safety.
AeroMax™ Electronic Control System
AeroMax electronic control systemAeroMax™ ECS provides user-friendly control systems that monitors and displays airflow performance via PressureFlow™ - A Digital Pressure Monitor.
nitecare™ Night Setback Mode - Upon sliding the window sash into the closed position, the motor blower will continue to operate at a lower rate to save energy and maintain interior clean air conditions ready for use upon window sash opening.
Ultra High-Efficiency Motor
Ultra high efficiency An ultra-high efficiency ECM motor combined with the appropriately sized fan blade lowers energy usage while extending the life of filters. LabGard® offers the lowest total cost of ownership compared to other models.
HEPEX™ Zero Leak Airflow System
HEPEX zero leak airflow systemA vacuum surrounds all LabGard® positive pressure plenums relative to the room. In the event of a leak via gasket failure, all contaminated air in the plenum is forced through HEPA filtration.
The HEPEX™ system also works to provide accurate laminar airflow by evenly distributing plenum air over the supply HEPA filter. The flexible design eliminates any vibration transfer from the motor blower as well as creates a serviceable work environment for Certifiers after decontamination.
Make it Easier on your Service Team
Flip down control boardWe at NuAire® have designed each LabGard® Biosafety Cabinet to be service friendly. 95% of service functions are performed at the front of the cabinet. A flip down control panel creates a workable tray for service technicians. Access filters and the motor blower from the front of the cabinet with the removal of a safety panel.
Decontamination system When it comes time for service, make it easy with our DECON101™ System. The DECON101™ System works with a variety of decontamination systems using Formaldehyde, Chlorine Dioxide or Vapor Phase Hydrogen Peroxide.
The NuAire® Advantage
NuAire® utilizes an independent network of sales and service professionals offering our customers a vast array of knowledge and relationships. Our inside sales and service teams are the pride of the industry; some of which have been with NuAire® since the beginning in 1971. We work hard and diligently to make you happy. That is our mission, and that is why we come to work every day. Purchase a NuAire® and become part of our family.
Backed by the Industry's best
- 5 Year Parts (Including Filters) and Labor Warranty (United States and Canada)
- 6 Year Parts (Including Filters) and Labor Warranty (Global)
- AeroMax™ Electronic Control System
- Ultra High Efficiency DC/ECM Motor
- Attenumont Vibration Control System
- Motor Speed Controller
- Internal Exhaust Damper
- Monolithic Pressure Tight Design (Silicone Free)
- Permanent Plenum with Quick Release Supply Filter
- 3” (76 mm) Metal Frame Supply HEPA Filter 99.99% @ 0.3 microns
- 6” (152 mm) Metal Frame Exhaust HEPA Filter 99.99% @ 0.3 microns
- Metal Diffuser Over Supply Filter
- 10” (254 mm) Window Sash Access Opening
- Frame-less Sliding Tempered Glass View Window
- External Fluorescent Lighting
- Front Filter Removal
- PVC Plastic Armrest
- Removable Work Tray Support System
- Removable Work Tray
- Removable Airflow Grill
- Spill Trough with Drain Valve
- Two (2) Duplex Outlets Back Wall
- One (1) Service Valve Right Side Wall
- One (1) Service Coupling Right Side Wall
- Two (2) Service Couplings Left Side Wall
- Power Cord
||8" (203 mm) Access Opening Tempered Sliding Glass
||10" (254 mm) Access Opening Tempered Sliding Glass
||8" (203 mm) Access Opening Tempered Sliding Glass, Glass Sidewalls
||10" (254 mm) Access Opening Tempered Sliding Glass, Glass Sidewalls
||Heavy Duty Ergonomic PVC Armrest
||Stainless Steel Armrest
||Ultraviolet Light (115 V)
||Blower Contact Wires
||IV Bar w/ 6 Hooks
||NSF Approved Cord Pass-Thru Right Side Wall
||NSF Approved Cord Pass-Thru Left Side Wall
||Prop-up Work Tray
||Stainless Steel Window Edge Protector
||Fluorescent Lighting (115 V)
||Qty 1 GFI Type B Outlet, Qty 1 Standard Type B Outlet
||15 Amp Type B Outlet (3 amp max) (Qty 2) (115 V)
||15 Amp (5 Amp Max) Type B Outlet (Qty 2) (115 V)
||Dedicated 15 Amp Outlet Power Cord
||Dedicated 20 Amp Outlet Power Cord
||Dedicated 20 Amp GFI Outlet Power Cord
||3/8" Soft Copper Pipe
||3/8" Black Pipe
||1/2" Rigid Copper Pipe
Seismic Bracket Options
||Seismic Brackets for Adjustable Base Stand
||Right Top Service Coupling
||Right Middle Service Coupling
||Right Bottom Service Coupling
||Left Top Service Coupling
||Left Middle Service Coupling
||Left Bottom Service Coupling
||Left Top Service Valve
||Left Middle Service Valve
||Left Bottom Service Valve
||Right Top Service Valve
||Right Middle Service Valve
||Right Bottom Service Valve
Side Panel Options
||Side Panel without Plumbing (Qty 2)
||Side Panel w/ Plumbing Out Bottom (Qty 2)
||Side Panel w/ Plumbing Out Top (Qty 2)
||Side Panel w/ Plumbing Out Back (Qty 2)