The Phenom ProX desktop scanning electron microscope from Phenom-World is the ultimate all-in-one imaging and X-ray analysis system.
With the Phenom ProX desktop SEM, sample structures can be physically examined and their elemental composition determined. Viewing three-dimensional images of microscopic structures only solves half the problem when analyzing samples. It is often necessary to collect more than optical data to be able to identify the different elements in a specimen. This is accomplished in the Phenom proX with a fully integrated and specifically designed EDS detector.
EDS is a technique that analyzes X-rays generated by the bombardment of the sample by an electron beam. EDS elemental analysis is fully embedded into the Phenom ProX system. X-ray detector and control software are combined in one package. This Elemental Identification (EID) software package allows the user to program multiple point analysis, and identify any hidden elements within the sample. Additionally, this software can be expanded with elemental mapping functionality. The step-by-step guided process within the EID software helps the user to collect all X-ray results in an organized and structured way.
The scanning electron microscopy (SEM) is one of the best methods to examine the cell sizes of bacteria in biofilms. To obtain information on the cell sizes of bacteria in the biofilms, we employed a desktop SEM, the Phenom ProX, which allowed us to obtain a SEM image within a minute after the sample setting. This fast speed enabled us to prepare several of micrographs for one strain for further detailed analyses using
the ParticleMetric software.
Shiro Yoshioka, Ph.D Assistant Professor Institute for Molecular Science, National Institutes of Natural Sciences Japan
- Superb imaging up to 100,000x
- The perfect all-in-one desktop SEM
- Fully integrated EDS solution
- Element detection range: C – Am
- Variable acceleration voltages: standard high-tension settings such as 5kV & 10kV for high-resolution images, and 15kV for great analysis results.
- NEW: new Customer functionality which gives the user the possibility to set the voltage anywhere between 4.8kV and 15 kV
- Electron beam current selection for tuning imaging or analysis settings
- Never lost navigation: swift navigation to any region of interest
- Optional software available: Elemental Mapping and Line Scan