Select Medical has introduced a new pressure-relieving mattress called Pure Air 8. The mattress is a flagship product of the company’s premium pressure-relieving mattress range.
Pure Air 8 is a total replacement dynamic mattress, providing peace of mind and optimum therapy for patients. It comes with a three-year warranty. The mattress is well-suited for patients who have existing tissue damage or have an increased risk of developing pressure ulcers.
The Pure Air 8 pressure relief mattress is suitable for both heavier and lighter patients, and does not compromise on comfort. The mattress is also available with a three-cycle option. Customers can contact the company for more details.
Semi-Auto Pressure Adjustment
Mattress pressure is monitored and maintained at the set level by the control unit. When this pressure drops below the set level, the same control unit will automatically accelerate the inflation of the mattress until the right pressure is attained.
Whisper Quiet Control Unit
The mattress includes a whisper quiet control unit that runs silently at optimum support pressures. This ensures the Cared For can rest easily and sleep soundly.
Tough and robust PU air cell construction together with a dependable control unit and welded cover seams, provide many years of uninterrupted care.
The Pure Air 8 pressure relief mattress is ideal for challenging settings, specifically community loan stores and NHS hospital equipment pools.
Alternating and Constant Low Pressure
The standard Pure Air 8 includes a dual-mode operation, which allows users to switch between Alternating and Constant Low Pressure (CLP). CLP operates by reducing peak pressures and increasing the area of support. The Cared For can be gently laid down onto the support surface.
The Pure Air 8 pressure relief mattress can be ordered in a Static and Alternating version, if required.
- Audible Low Pressure, Cycle Fault, and Power Failure Alert: When there is a power cut, when pressure becomes very low at the time of operation, or when an alternation fails, an indicator will flash out and an audible signal will sound off.
- Automatic Function Lockout: This function automatically locks out all functionality in 2 minutes following a change in function, thus ensuring that buttons are not pressed inadvertently.
- Static Function with Auto-Return (Alternating/Static Version Only): This function allows for safer patient transfers, while auto-return makes sure that the surface is not left in the firm mode accidentally.
Pure Air 8 Features
- Constant low pressure (CLP) to immerse the patient gently onto the support surface
- One in two cell-cycle design provides optimum therapy
- 20 fully alternating air cells
- Depth of 8″
- Silent running pump at ideal support pressures
- Long-lasting PU air cell construction
- Optional 10/15 minutes cycle time
- Machine-washable cover up to 95 °C
- Welded, DARTEX multi-stretch vapor-permeable and waterproof cover
- Semi-auto pressure adjustment
- Audible low pressure alert
- Easy-turn CPR for quick deflation
- External pump filters can be easily replaced
- Control panel lock
- Alert mute
- Cycle fault audible alert
- Static function with auto-return (Static/Alternating version only)
- Three-year warranty (subject to yearly service)