The MARS™ 6 Synthesis is a multi-mode microwave system that gives parallel reaction processing, under uniform conditions. The capacity to operate multiple reaction vessels at the same time is an advantage for bigger laboratories, because to finish a set of 36 vessels it only takes half an hour.
The MARS 6 Synthesis provides both high throughput for larger labs and flexibility to run batch syntheses, with the potential to accommodate up to a 5 L open flask, or a number of pressurized vessels.
- High resolution touchscreen with speakers (No need for a laptop or external controller)
- 1800 watts delivered energy for rapid heating of reactions (regardless of the number of vessels in the cavity)
- Specially designed cavity & waveguides to ensure uniform distribution of microwave energy (without the need for a mode stirrer)
- Large microwave cavity allows for the greatest range of reaction vessels
Why Should I Use a Microwave?
It has become a useful tool for chemical synthesis in both industry and academia. Compared to standard means of synthesis, the advantages of heating with a microwave include:
- Greater yields
- Faster reaction times
- Improved purity
- Enhanced reaction control
- Better reproducibility
*Source: Li, K.; Weber, A. E.; Tseng, L.; Malcolmson, S. J. Org. Lett. 2017, 19, 4239-4242.
Microwave Chemistry Applications
The MARS 6 Synthesis benchtop system can be dedicated for synthesis or utilized as an all-in-one microwave reactor for a number of applications because it is fully customizable.
- High-throughput Laboratories
- Organic Synthesis
- Acid Digestion for Metals Analysis
- Polymer Synthesis
- Solvent Extraction
- Teaching Laboratories
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Nanomaterials Production
- Parallel Reaction Processing