Serological testing of IgG antibodies targeted against SARS-CoV-2 plays a vital role in finding out the incidence of the virus. Effective immune status tracking can be utilized for prescreening of individuals prior to vaccination, as well as for examining post-vaccination responses.1
Serological tests are not designed to find out the existence of the virus, but to identify an immune response by the body, thereby supplementing techniques that offer extra data on direct virus detection (for example, PCR testing).
Tecan’s SARS-CoV-2 S1/RBD IgG ELISA is a quantitative test that has the ability to detect IgG antibodies directed against the SARS-CoV-2-S1 spike protein’s receptor binding domain (RBD), which helps to find out the immune status.
Main benefits of Tecan SARS-CoV-2 IgG ELISA
- Specific results can be obtained from spike protein antigen (S1/RBD)
- Least incubation times of less than 3 hours
- Excellent performance: 99.3% specificity and 100% sensitivity
- User-friendly, with positive and negative controls included
- Analyte can be detected in just 10 µL sample volumes
- Can be utilized manually or automated on open format ELISA processors2
- Jääskeläinen AJ, et al. Evaluation of commercial and automated SARS-CoV-2 IgG and IgA ELISAs using coronavirus disease (COVID-19) patient samples. Eurosurveillance, 2020, 25(18), 2000603.
- The integrated use of assay, process script, and instrument should be validated individually on site by every laboratory.