The Geno/Grinder® is an automated high-throughput plant & animal tissue homogenizer and cell lyser. It is equipped with an adjustable clamp that accommodates a full range of sample vials from 2 mL to 50 mL centrifuge tubes or up to six deep-well titer plates. It is specifically designed for rapid cell disruption, cell lysis and tissue homogenization, enabling fast and efficient extraction of nucleic acids, proteins and other molecules of interest.
A full range of Kryotech® accessories are available to preserve temperature sensitive samples such as proteins and RNA. The Geno/Grinder is also recognized as an excellent automatic axial extractor and is ideal for the QuEChERS method for extracting pesticide residues and other organic compounds.
The Geno/Grinder enables increased throughput, improved extraction efficiency and reproducibility over traditional sample preparation methods. A full range of pre-loaded sample vials for different sample types is also available for fast and simple set up.
Applications include: Tissue Homogenization, DNA/RNA Research and extraction, Cell Lysis, Pesticide Residue Extraction, Protein Extraction, Biofuel research and QuEChERS.
Typical samples include: Animal tissue, Plant Tissue, Cell cultures, Fruit, Cannabis, Seeds, Yeast and Bacteria.
2189 Adjustable Clamp Instructions
This video will show you how to use the 2189 Adjustable Clamp with the 2010 Geno/Grinder®. The clamp is easy to use and adjusts to fit any size titer plate, vial or tube.
- Automated mechanical disruption through bead beating, ideal for high-throughput cell lysis applications including DNA/ RNA extraction, protein extraction and pesticide residue analysis.
- Programmable touch screen control panel for run time, rate, cycles and pause time. Up to 500 protocols can be saved for recall.
- Designed for vigorous up-and-down shaking of deep-well titer plates, vial sets, and centrifuge tubes.
- Optional Kryo-Tech Accessories enable cryogenic grinding and preserve temperature sensitive samples for RNA and protein extractions.
- Adjustable clamp with a release button that allows users to secure vials or titer plates of various sizes.
- Typical sample processing time of 1-2 minutes
||115 V/60 Hz or 230 V/50 Hz
14.00 in (35.6 cm) wide x 22.5 in. (57.2 cm) deep x 28 in.(71.1 cm) high
|Net Weight (lbs)
||87 lbs (39.5 kg)
|Gross Weight (lbs)
||100 lbs (52.2 kg)
||3-prong grounded plug, 115 V 60 Hz
||1.25 in (3.2 cm) vertical
||Adjustable from 500-1750 strokes/minute
||Digital display in Minutes:Seconds (max 20:00)