Tecan’s Enzyme immunoassay is used for the quantitative determination of Estriol in human saliva. The Estriol high sensitive Saliva ELISA is created for the quantitative measurement of Estriol in human saliva.
- Method — ELISA
- Regulatory status — EU: CE
- Standard range — 2–288 pg/mL
- Kit size — 12 x 8
- Incubation time — 1 x 2 hours; 1 x 30 minutes
- Substrate/isotope — TMB 450 nm
- Specimen/volumes — 100 µL saliva
Estriol is an estrogen produced during pregnancy and its level in non-pregnant women is similar to the levels during pre- and post-menopause, and also similar to the amount in men. The estriol saliva assay is generally used to check estriol levels in women who intake supplements as part of a hormone replacement therapy.
It can also be used as an indicator of premature delivery in pregnant women. But this assay cannot be used for screening congenital disorders of the fetus (like Down Syndrome).
More hormone assays are needed for the interpretation of the estriol level. The test kit is for manual use and can be adapted to suit various ELISA processors like EVOlyzer.
The test kit is not intended for the home or layperson but is for use in a professional lab by trained personnel.
Benefits of the estriol high-sensitive saliva ELISA
- Calibration to the LC-MS/MS
- Defined reference values
- Results can be availed within 3 hours
- Only 100 µL sample volume needed
- A sensitive assay for measurement of males and females
ELISA vs mass spectrometry
Mass spectrometry (MS) is regarded as the reference for steroid hormone quantification, but this technique needs a large investment and is not available to all labs. The major IBL saliva assays are created to correlate to this reference method and only require a low sample volume for the quantification of the steroid hormones.
Excellent correlation of IBL International 17β-Estradiol Saliva ELISA to the LC-MS/MS reference method. Image Credit: Tecan
Consistent and reliable processing within Saliva product line
Tecan’s Saliva ELISA product line (Testosterone, Cortisol, Progesterone, 17ß-Estradiol, Estriol, DHEA) can be processed in the same way and can be effortlessly done in combination.
- All kits have the same sample diluent buffer
- Only 50 µL (maximum 100 µL) sample volume is required
- The TMB, stop solution and wash solution have similar designs within Testosterone, Cortisol, DHEA, Progesterone and 17β-Estradiol saliva ELISA (RE52611, RE5263, RE52651, RE52281 and 30121045)
- The kits have only as few as six standards and two controls
The IBL International Estriol high-sensitive Saliva ELISA (Cat. No. 30121046) can be adapted to suit various ELISA processors. Open automated platforms like the EVOlyzer® from Tecan are tested and demonstrate a better correlation to the manual runs.
Excellent correlation of IBL International Estriol high-sensitive Saliva ELISA on the EVOlyzer®. The combined use of assays, process script, and automation has to be validated individually on-site by each laboratory. Image Credit: Tecan