The Thermo Scientific™ Nicolet™ Summit FTIR Spectrometer helps users reach new heights in productivity, allowing them to identify unknowns and verify materials without destroying the sample. With this compact FTIR spectrometer, users can immediately view pass/fail QC results on a multi-colored LED LightBar built into the front of the instrument. Using the Thermo Scientific™ OMNIC™ Paradigm Software, which runs on an integrated Windows® computer, users can reduce the number of steps to automate workflows, take measurements, and create reports, cutting their FTIR analysis time in half compared to previous generations. This portable FTIR spectrometer goes beyond Thermo Scientific’s earlier instrument —the Nicolet iS5 FTIR Spectrometer—to combine hardware and software that meets the demands of today’s busy, multi-user laboratory. Teaching labs will find the Wi-Fi connectivity an advantage in managing crowded teaching labs, allowing students to analyze and share data away from the lab. The Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer is ideal for identifying materials in the Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Polymer/Chemical, Food, Environmental Testing, Geology, Clean Energy and Automotive industries.
Trusted High-Performance Optics
For the ultimate in accuracy and reliability, the Nicolet™ Summit FTIR Spectrometer has been built with exclusive Thermo Scientific™ LightDrive™ Optical Engine.
- Improve data reproducibility: sophisticated IR source removes hot-spot migration, leading to more reliable spectral data, particularly through an attenuated total reflectance (ATR) accessory.
- Standard and PRO models: Thanks to factory-verified specifications (not just “achievable” or “typical” results), users can select the performance that fits their sample requirements and, at the same time, stay within their budget. The PRO model allows them to attain a spectral resolution of 0.45 cm-1 and signal-to-noise ratio of 40,000:1 to help differentiate multiple components.
- Low-cost of ownership: the IR source, laser, and interferometer come with a 10-year warranty to ensure minimal maintenance. In addition, Unity™ Lab Services and Thermo Scientific’s global network of qualified dealers provide training and service support contracts for unmatched reliability.
Software to Shorten the Workday
The OMNIC Paradigm Software has an easy-to-use interface (desktop or touchscreen) that makes life in the laboratory less difficult with programmed applications that simplify data acquisition, processing, and interpretation.
- Audit-ready cGxP compliance: users can realize a high level of data integrity with Thermo Scientific’s data security software, database infrastructure, and audit manager applications that allow users to comply with Pharmacopeia (Ph. Eur., CP, USP, and JP) instrument qualification. In addition, 21 CFR Part 11 compliance and data security packages are available.
- Reduce workflow set-up time: a visual, intuitive workflow creator with a drag-and-drop functionality makes it easy to automate SOPs.
- Desktop or Touchscreen: touchscreen workflows are performed as users run their analysis on a standalone, space-saving spectrometer. Alternatively, the OMNIC Paradigm Desktop Software can help users to take their analysis further. Users can quickly find what they require from the Dashboard screen, produce libraries, or carry out multi-component searching.
- Data analysis anytime, anywhere: with full Wi-Fi connectivity, users can transmit data to the Thermo Fisher Cloud and examine the data away from the laboratory. Users can even share data and team up with colleagues anywhere on the globe to accelerate their research. Professors can keep students engaged with the data they can access in their dorm rooms away from the teaching laboratory.
Learn more at thermofisher.com/summit.