TIGIT Molecule Information
Name：T cell immunoglobulin and ITIM domains
Target Synonym：VSTM3?V-set and transmembrane domain-containing protein 3?VSIG9?V-set and immunoglobulin domain-containing protein 9?TIGIT
Number of Launched Drugs：0
Number of Drugs in Clinical Trials：4
Lastest Research Phase：Phase ?
TIGIT Molecule Synonym Name
TIGIT, VSIG9, VSTM3
TIGIT Molecule Background
T-cell immunoreceptor with Ig and ITIM domains (TIGIT) is also known as V-set and immunoglobulin domain-containing protein 9 (VSIG9), V-set and transmembrane domain-containing protein 3 (VSTM3),which belongs to single-pass type I membrane protein containing an immunoglobulin variable domain, a transmembrane domain and an immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif (ITIM).
TIGIT is expressed at low levels on peripheral memory and regulatory CD4+ T-cells and NK cells and is up-regulated following activation of these cells (at protein level). TIGIT binds with high affinity to the poliovirus receptor (PVR) which causes increased secretion of IL10 and decreased secretion of IL12B and suppresses T-cell activation by promoting the generation of mature immunoregulatory dendritic cells.
- Yu X., et al., 2009, Nat. Immunol. 10:48-57.
- Stengel K.F., et al., 2012, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 109:5399-5404.
- Lozano E., et al., 2012, J. Immunol. 188:3869-3875.
- Chew GM., et al., 2016, PLoS Pathogens., 12: e1005349.
- Joe-Marc Chauvin, et al., 2015, J Clin Invest., 125 (5): 2046-2058.
- Steven G. Deeks, 2012, Nature, 487 (1): 439-440.