Disclaimer: Product availability may vary from country to country and is subject to varying regulatory requirements. Please contact Siemens Healthineers directly for availability.
The Siemens Tissue Preparation Solution includes a Tissue Preparation System and the VERSANT® Tissue Preparation Reagents kit. Using magnetic particle-based isolation and proprietary bead technology, this solution provides a more efficient and reproducible process for the isolation of high-quality nucleic acids from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) and fresh frozen (FF) tissues.
- Offers a fully automated process including the full integration of deparaffinization
- Eliminates the use of organic solvents and centrifugation steps associated with deparaffinization
- Enables co-extraction of DNA and RNA from a single extraction process with a single set of reagents
- Provides a standardized lysis step for all samples
- Delivers highly reproducible results
- Processes up to 48 samples in about 4 hours
Features & Benefits
With the Siemens Tissue Preparation Solution, you’ll improve the quality of your extraction, reduce your turnaround time, have maximum flexibility, decrease sample variability, and enhance lab safety. You’ll be better equipped to manage increasingly large test volumes quickly and provide your physicians and their patients with better, more reliable information.
The Only Fully Automated Tissue Preparation Solution for the extraction of nucleic acids from FFPE and FF tissue samples
The Siemens Tissue Preparation Solution includes a Tissue Preparation System and the VERSANT® Tissue Preparation Reagents kit. Together, this solution provides a more efficient and reproducible process for the isolation of high-quality nucleic acids from Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) and Fresh Frozen (FF) tissue samples.
Improve the Quality of Your Extraction
Using magnetic particle-based isolation and proprietary iron oxide bead technology, the Siemens Tissue Preparation Solution enhances the quality of the extraction—enabling:
- improved reproducibility
- better recovery of nucleic acids
- improved quality of nucleic acids
- co-purification of DNA and RNA
- reduced risk of carry-over
Reduce Your Turnaround Time
With a fully automated tissue extraction process, you will eliminate the hazards and manual labor associated with xylene-ethanol processing and centrifugation during deparaffinization, giving your staff the ability to walk away from the system and perform other tasks. Your lab will:
- process up to 48 samples in about 4 hours
- obtain DNA and RNA from a single extraction process with a single set of reagents
- use a single extraction for multiple downstream molecular applications
By improving the speed with which your lab can extract nucleic acids, you will be better equipped to manage increasingly large test volumes, ensuring the information your physicians need is available quickly.
Have Maximum Flexibility
With this solution, you can choose between three different protocols, delivering either total nucleic acid for DNA applications, pure RNA for RNA applications, or both DNA and RNA from one sample for combined analysis.
Decrease Your Sample Variability
Other manual or even partially automated processes require varying degrees of lysis depending on the sample. The Siemens fully automated solution provides a uniform lysis step of only one hour for all samples. Your lab will benefit from:
- a standardized lysis step for all samples
- integrated deparaffinization which excludes tissue loss during standard manual processing
- a universal extraction protocol and reagents
- highly reproducible results
When you optimize reproducibility, your lab becomes more efficient. And, your lab technicians become more confident in their results.
Enhance Safety in Your Lab
Hazardous organic solvents are eliminated when you use a fully integrated, fully automated deparaffinization process. Your lab will:
- eliminate the use of xylene and ethanol during deparaffinization
- support environmentally friendly chemical disposal protocols while saving time
- improve your laboratory environment
You and your staff can take comfort in knowing your lab has taken one step toward a more environmentally friendly workplace.