With 50 years of experience in imaging, the creators of the UVP ChemStudio Imaging Systems, are the trusted experts of chemiluminescence and gel imaging applications. The UVP ChemStudio PLUS and UVP ChemStudio PLUS touch are essential to laboratories performing genomic and proteomic applications. No film is required for imaging.
UVP ChemStudio series imagers are used for high sensitivity imaging of Western blots, fluorescent Westerns, immunoblots, protein blots, DNA gels, protein gels, blue light gels, colony plates and a wide range of stains and dyes.
The UVP ChemStudio PLUS touch is a stand-alone, touch screen operated imager with a small footprint, which maximizes laboratory bench space. It is also available as an external computer operated system on the UVP ChemStudio PLUS for those laboratories with particular IT/computer requirements.
- UVP ChemStudio PLUS is available as a touch screen controlled system or as an external computer operated system, for those laboratories with particular IT/Computer requirements.
- Cooling CCD 815 camera with 8.1 megapixels, with an automated f/0.95 zoom lens that provides user with high sensitivity and optics, contrast-rich images of fluorescent and colored samples.
- Optimum choice for imaging gels of various sizes, with an imaging area of 25 x 26cm.
- System features “Slide2Hide” door for smooth operation and minimal benchtop interferences.
- Imager has maximal protection from UV radiation when working with the transilluminator, using the UV Protection Shield.
- System can support UVP eLITE MultiSpectral Light Source, for excitation from 400 to 800nm wavelength applications.
- VisionWorks® Acquisition and Analysis software is included. Acquisition settings such as auto-exposure, focus, zoom, lighting and filter selections can easily be saved and reused for one-touch capture.
- Lighting options include Epi Illumination (white and accessory) and Transillumination (UV and White light Plate)
- Five-position automated filter tray for easy access on the side of system
- The interface is 15.6 inch, multi-touch, with large storage capacity that makes it ideal for multitasking and viewing several images. The system is fully networkable and connects over wireless network for transfer of files.
The UVP ChemStudio PLUS/UVP ChemStudio PLUS touch systems provide an enhanced and improved imaging experience. With a sleek interface, a unique “Slide2Hide” door for easy access to the interior of the darkroom, a compact Thin-Line Transilluminator, and a UV Protection Shield, this imager is a perfect companion to your laboratory workspace.
Designed for laboratory efficient and ease-of-use.
The VisionWorks® Software Interface automates your research for easy, yet accurate and repeatable results. The software controls the motorized zoom lens, epi and transillumination UV and white light, emission filter selection and system power. It allows selection of user-defined or default settings. With only a click, user can select between epi and transillumination light sources. In addition, user can save common routines into an Action that can be stored for future access.
This sophisticated package provides comprehensive tools for image capture and analysis of gels, plates and membranes as well as colony counting. Capabilities include: Image acquisition functions for simple image capture and expanded integration options, image editing and enhancement options, tools for 1D Analysis, Area Density, and one-touch macros. System can export data easily either into TIFF or JPEG files.
Software supports 21 CFR Part 11 compliance as well as eliminates the need for film or processing chemicals that can affect the environment.
The darkroom comes with a Thin-Line Transilluminator in a slide-out tray, with uniform and high-intensity UV lighting in a compact form. The Thin-Line Transilluminator is designed with long-life UV lamps, for minimum service requirements, independent from the number of times the transilluminator is turned on/off.
Thin UV lamp technology is instant-on with no need for warm-up to provide high intensity and uniform lighting. A UV intensity switch “low/high” is included for optimal radiation for documentation or for preparative work.
Highest regard for safety protection.
Imager comes with an integrated UV Protection Shield that maximizes protection from UV radiation, in working over the UV transillumination surface when the darkroom door is open. The UV Protection Shield is invisibly stored and there is no need for a separate storage location. It is easily pulled down for immediate use and can be set at a custom angle according to the user´s need. When the Thin-Line Transilluminator is rolled out, the shield protects users from UV transillumination while performing preparative work.
Additionally, the systems are equipped with a red UV On indicator light, to alert the users of the presence of UV light.
Advanced technical specifications and capabilities.
High resolution and light sensitivity is achieved with an 8.1 megapixel camera, extendable to 16.2, and an automated 42.5mm, f/0.95 zoom lens.
For additional applications, the UVP ChemStudio PLUS imagers can easily be adapted with UVP Visi-Blue Converter Plate for blue excitation applications, including GelGreen and SYBR Green (460-470nm). Additionally, users can use the UVP Visi-White LED Plates for Coomassie blue and Silver Stains applications.
Compatible with the UVP eLITE MultiSpectral Light Source for overhead excitation from 400-800nm wavelengths. This accessory uses a Xenon light engine technology, for uniform and high-intensity lighting, across the full range of Technicolor applications.
History of outstanding service and support.
Dedicated application and technical service teams are always available to provide customized service and support.
IQ/OQ (Installation and Qualification) Documents and on-site support is available for purchase.
The UVP ChemStudio PLUS takes publication quality imaging to the next generation.
Specifications and Features
3296 x 2472 pixels (8.1 MP)
42.5mm, f/0.95, motorized zoom lens
Five-position automated filter wheel
- Overhead white light included and optional UV light
- Thin-line transilluminator (25 x 26 cm filter size). Includes 302nm UV with Low and High intensity control.
- UVP Visi-Blue™ Transilluminator with 460nm
- UVP Visi-White™ Transilluminator
- 41kg (90 Ibs), 47 x 43 x 83cm (18.5 x 17.1 x 32.6in)
- 15.6"” integrated, multi-touch computer (UVP ChemStudio PLUS touch only)
- Slide2Hide door
- Thin-Line Transilluminator in a pull-out tray
- Integrated, slide-down, UV Protection shield
- UV On Indicator Light
- 7 USB 2.0 ports
- Access port for optional UVP eLITE Light Source
- Ethidium bromide filter
- VisionWorks® Software for image capture and enhancement (multiple copies available)
- UVP Fluorescent Focus Target
- UV Gel Tray
- Keyboard and mouse (UVP ChemStudio PLUS touch only)
- Chemiluminescent Blots
- Fluorescent dyes
- Gel imaging
- DNA gels
- Coomassie blue
- Protein gels
- Blue/White gels
- Plant Imaging
- Multiplex Imaging
- Colony Counting