The Systec V-series of top-loading vertical autoclaves is well-known for its small footprint and high chamber capacity. It is provided in eight different sizes, with chamber volumes of 40 to 150 L. This results in ideal loading capacity with most common media bottles and Erlenmeyer flasks.
- Distinct but integrated steam generator
- Autoclave chamber comprises internal heating elements
- LCD display and totally automatic microprocessor control
- Temperature and pressure range 140 °C, 4 bar
- Safety-related intervention including code-secured access rights for changing parameters
- Support frame, pressure vessel, and housing composed of corrosion-resistant stainless steel
- Sizable internal memory capable of storing up to 500 sterilization cycles
- Timer for starting programs
- Special program for Durham tubes
- Programmable automatic door-opening after program is completed
- Flexible PT-100 temperature sensor
- Autofill: Automatic demineralized water feed for steam generation
- Calculation of F0 value
- Temperature-holding function for liquids after program finishes
- Extra temperature sensor in condense exhaust
- Special program for waste sterilization with pulsed heat-up permitting more efficient air exhaust
- Multiple options for sterilization programs
- RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces for external data transmission (network-compatible)
- Thermostatically controlled water-cooled steam exhaust
Comprising advanced mechanical and electrical components, the Systec autoclaves enhance the quality of all sterilization processes in a laboratory. This equipment enables laboratories to match the current sterilization requirements while also preparing for the future.
Systec’s autoclaves include housing, pressure vessels, and support frameworks composed of stainless steel (1.4571 (V4A) AISI 316 Ti), making the whole autoclave easy to clean and very resistant to corrosion. Hanno-Tect improves the housing and support framework by providing very efficient superior-quality insulation. The Hanno-Tect does not produce any particles, allowing the Systec autoclaves to meet the needs of working under cleanroom conditions.
All Autoclaves Include Dual Sensors
The Systec autoclaves use a temperature sensor and an electronic pressure sensor to track both temperature and pressure during the course of the whole sterilization process. The temperature sensor is very flexible: it can be used within the chamber, or alternatively in a reference vessel holding liquids. The Systec VX models feature an extra temperature sensor fit in the floor drain.
Meeting all Regulations and Sterilization Standards
The Systec autoclaves can endure sterilization temperatures of up to 140 °C, as well as steam pressures that do not go beyond 4 bar.
The Systec V-Series autoclaves are designed for the future—they are the first ever autoclave systems which can be augmented to handle higher temperature and pressure ranges, enduring temperatures of up to 150 °C and pressure levels of 5 bar. Optional accessories for expanding temperature and pressure ranges adapt all safety elements and control components for the higher range of pressure and temperature levels, as well as the chamber itself. This option can also be retrofitted on the Systec Autoclaves.
Exception: For Systec V-40 or V-55 systems, extension of temperature and pressure to 150 °C/5 bar is not available.
Steam generation via steam generator VX
Separate steam generator incorporated in the autoclave housing.
This has various benefits:
- No heaters or reservoirs are needed, which may deliver contaminated water to the chamber
- An empty chamber can be heated to 121 °C within 10 minutes, owing to the stand-by pre-heating function
- Gravity suctions the air downwards, enhancing ventilation
- Accuracy that exceeds ± 0.3 K (empty chamber)
- Faster cooling, as no extra cooling is necessary for the steam generator or the hot water inside the chamber
- After the chamber is cooled, the subsequent sterilization run can utilize the previously-generated steam.
Conventional Steam Generation
This advanced steam-generating system includes integrated heating elements in the chamber’s lower part. It is possible to manually deliver water into the system. For autoclave models VE and DE, there is the option to automatically feed demineralized water with the DI-Water connection.
Condensing Steam Instead of Removal
A PT-100-regulated cooling system is used to condense exhaust steam automatically. This hinders odors from forming and may be useful for safeguarding plastic waste water pipes.
Operation via Display
The Systec V-Series autoclaves are regulated via a large, clear display and a membrane keypad with acoustic input confirmation. All input elements are displayed logically and ergonomically, enabling easy operation of the autoclave.
Menus are available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian—with other languages included upon request.
An exclusively-developed microprocessor is responsible for performing all control functions. The processor mainly controls the sterilization schedule, but also steam temperature and pressure within the chamber. It further manages all optional functions such as drying and fast cooling as well as pre- and post-vacuum modes.
Optional Operation by Touchscreen Technology for all Systec VX Models from 65 Liter Chamber Volume
Controlling the autoclave is even easier with the help of a large 5.7-inch optional touch-screen interface. Furthermore, this option improves the flexibility during the operation of the autoclave, and offers extra options for using the system, such as displaying process data graphically or numerically. The system can also store up to 100 different sterilization programs, including the seven pre-defined basic programs already added.
Users can configure new programs by themselves, defining, and modifying all available process parameters separately. The dialog menu guides users step-by-step through the whole process. Every new program incorporated is automatically given an unalterable, permanent name. Moreover, a designation freely chosen by the user can be allocated to the program.
- Waste bags
- Liquid waste
- Vacuum test*
- Bowie-Dick test*
These can be expanded to 100 sterilization programs.
* Only along with a vacuum device.
Advanced Automatic Door-Opening Functionality
The doors of the Systec autoclave chambers are automatically locked, utilizing a circumferential ring system* which is triggered when the door is being closed. The chamber is sealed using an exclusive seal made of extremely heat-resistant silicone; it tightens as pressure increases inside the chamber. This happens automatically, without the need for extra compressed air.
* Exceptions: In models V-40 and V-55, the door can be closed by means of a bolt.
Fully in compliance with up-to-date regulations for pressure vessels such as DIN EN (IEC) 61010-2-040, the door-locking mechanism is regulated by the interior temperature. The door, thus, remains tightly locked and sealed until all excess pressure within the chamber has dissipated. Made of stainless steel, the door and many other elements of the housing and vessel are also clad in an aesthetically-pleasing front cover composed of insulated plastic that is very resistant to heat. The same material is used for the control panel, display, and parts of the control processing system. This safeguards operators from touching heated surfaces.
The standard technique of opening the Systec autoclave doors is to click the corresponding opening button. On the other hand, VX and VE models can also be programmed to open automatically once the sterilization process has ended. This enables residual steam to be exhausted automatically, making it easy for daily use. Any residual heat within the chamber itself can be repurposed to dry the items which have recently been disinfected.
As the automatic door opening function prevents the door from opening past an angle of approximately 15 degrees, potential contamination from the outside environment can be prevented. This is mainly useful for items which have to remain within the autoclave chamber to dry or cool, as the whole process can be accelerated. After cooling or drying, the door can then be totally opened manually.