ambr® 250 is a new bioreactor system for parallel fermentation or cell culture using 100-250mL single-use bioreactors controlled by an automated liquid handling platform. The new system, developed with two major industrial partners, builds on the original ambr® microscale technology developed by TAP Biosystems (now part of Sartorius Stedim Biotech).
- Dramatically improves productivity and enables full DoE experiments to be performed at a fraction of the cost and with higher throughput than traditional bench top reactors
- Enables rapid evaluation of a wide range of conditions and cell line/strain performance in a real bioreactor environment with full control of the culture conditions
- Provides a high throughput scale-down model to explore a wide range of conditions and strains with excellent scalability to stirred tank bioreactors.
- Reduces infrastructure costs by removing the need for extensive cleaning and sterilization facilities.
- Combines “easy-connect” single-use bioreactors, a full automated platform and flexible system control software.
- Fully automated system manages media fill, inoculation, sampling and feeding with minimal operator interaction during the day.
- Integrated control of multiple bioreactors (12 or 24) simplifies DoE experimental designs
- Integrated biological safety cabinet enclosure for contamination-free processing.
- Two versions available – offering parallel control of 12 or 24 bioreactor experiments.
ambr® 250 is configurable for microbial fermentation or mammalian cell culture in a variety of development applications such as:
- Research and process development - BioPharma
- Research and process development – Industrial Biotech
- Research and feedstock preparation - Biofuels
- Process robustness experimentation in support of QbD studies
- Automation of DoE approaches to process automation