PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced the release of Volocity® 6.0, the latest version of the Company's 3D cellular imaging software.
“Through new applications and enhanced imaging capabilities, the new Volocity 6.0 software will help scientists better understand how diseases affect cells as well as how potential therapies affect diseased and healthy cells.”
The Volocity software features a suite of high performance tools for exploring, interacting and publishing 3D imaging data from cells, tissues and organisms and how they behave over time - for greater insights and knowledge into cellular interactions. The software is designed as a universal solution that provides users with significant functionality to visualize, analyze and validate 3D fluorescence images from a wide range of confocal microscopy, wide-field and high content screening systems, and is fully integrated for a seamless user experience.
"PerkinElmer is committed to supporting new discoveries that will ultimately lead to new treatments in disease research fields such as cancer and neurodegeneration," said Achim von Leoprechting, vice president, Imaging and Detection Solutions, Bio-discovery, PerkinElmer. "Through new applications and enhanced imaging capabilities, the new Volocity 6.0 software will help scientists better understand how diseases affect cells as well as how potential therapies affect diseased and healthy cells."
Beyond simple cells, the Volocity software can also organize and relate measurements according to biological classification such as nuclei, membranes, organelles, and proteins, making it easier and faster to perform an analysis and understand the results. The updated interface also enables users of all skill levels to perform complex and challenging biological measurements, thereby extending the power of 3D analysis to a wider population of potential users.
Key new features of the Volocity 6.0 suite enable end-users to:
- Benefit from more interactivity and even simpler workflows to obtain quantitative 3D answers more quickly and easily.
- Define and measure cells, organelles, or other biological structures, and the relationships between them, with greater ease.
- Measure distances in 3D between structures across a whole field or within biologically relevant compartments such as cells or nuclei.
- Perform FRAP analysis on data that has not been acquired in Volocity software.
- Faster and easier export of multiple, processed images for presentation and for use in other applications.