Nadia - The Best Choice
Nadia has brought out cutting-edge technology in the area of single cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-Seq) by incorporating incredible versatility and automating the process in order to obtain reproducible single cell analysis data.
The Nadia instrument is a microfluidics device that uses droplet-based automated processes to advance single cell research. It can encapsulate up to eight samples at the same time, while taking less than 20 minutes, while each cartridge is capable of processing more than 50,000 single cells in one run.
Being completely automated, the Nadia Instrument walks the user through each experimental step using an intuitively designed touchscreen to interface with the application. As Dr Daniel Wong, Head of Biology, comments, “Cutting edge single cell techniques just became more accessible.”
The Nadia Instrument comes with the following advantages:
- Fully automated encapsulation of samples
- Easy to use because of cartridges specific for each application which are detected automatically, as well as a touchscreen interface and guide lights during sample loading
- Easy scalability by allowing up to eight samples to be processed at the same time
- Designed to cool the sample automatically under temperature control so that the state of the transcriptome is preserved
- Disposable cartridges without wetted parts to prevent any possibility of cross contamination
- True single cell analysis as the gentle agitation of the cell leads to extremely low rates of doublet formation
Features of the Nadia Instrument
The temperature of the sample can be controlled between 4°C to 40°C. The beads and cells are gently and independently stirred before being encapsulated. The instrument has an inbuilt intuitive touchscreen interface.
The device comes with its detailed tutorial software. The use of single-use cartridges is designed to avoid any cross contamination. It allows cartridges which are application-specific to be detected automatically.
Advantages of High-Throughput Single Cell Profiling
The use of high throughput scRNASeq techniques allows the instrument to extract both qualitative and quantitative information on the transcriptome from single cells. This means that rapid profiling of single cells from a broad array of samples, such as biopsies, cell cultures, blood and other tissues, can be carried out to enable gene expression to be quantified as well as to identify specific cells or subtypes of cells.
Working with scRNA-Seq
Nadia Technology Highlights
The Nadia product family is specifically designed to resolve current issues in the industry regarding the profiling of single cells with the utmost convenience and simplicity, through the application of multiple new developments.
The Nadia Innovate is built to allow new protocols and applications to emerge by empowering users to define their own single cell parameters. These protocols can then be loaded to the Nadia Instrument in order to take advantage of its capability to achieve a high-throughput output.
The Nadia Innovate puts a host of parameters, such as the size and frequency of droplets, the agitation, temperature and timing, under user control, to boost innovation, thus “Enabling biologists to develop science in ways not previously possible.” (Dr Muriel Breteau, Technical Applications Specialist).
The Nadia Innovate is aimed at empowering users to develop new techniques in this field and share the newest insights with others for improved single cell research, according to Dr Juliane Fischer, Technical Application Specialist.
- Flexible application because of the open configurability offered by the system for setting up and trying out new protocols and novel applications
- Transferability of optimized new experimental setups to the Nadia Instrument for high-throughput mass production upscaling
- Rapid optimization of the protocol by allowing the user to define droplet size, frequency, components, agitation and temperature
- Easily visualized process because of the inbuilt high-speed microscope with camera, allowing the droplet formation to be watched in real time
- Adaptable software for the PC to allow adjustments to be made during the run, so as to monitor the protocols as well as their modifications
Feature of the Nadia Innovate
- In built controller for temperatures between 4 – 40 °C
- Allows droplets being formed at the junction to be visualized
- The whole of the chip is viewable in inverted mode, so that the flow of the reagent may be seen during the early stages
- The inbuilt design allows both aqueous reservoirs to be stirred
- The pressure of the three separate channels can be modified up to 1 bar
- The formation of the droplets can be captured by high speed camera
The protocol parameters just tried out successfully can be transferred to the Nadia Instrument without a hitch
About Dolomite Bio
Dolomite Bio creates innovative products for high throughput single cell research including the Nadia Instrument and the Nadia Innovate. By encapsulating single cells in microfluidic droplets, our products enable rapid analysis of thousands or millions of individual cells and their biological products.
Key benefits of Dolomite Bio systems:
- Flexible: The systems enable full control of pressures, flow rates and temperatures
- Compatible with a range of applications: Not limited to a specific protocol
- Productised: Complete off-the-shelf, easy to use systems
- High precision with reproducible results: Monodisperse droplets with low doublet rate of cells and beads
Our products are complete systems enable scientists to generate thousands of single cell libraries in just a few minutes.
Our in-house team of biologists and worldwide network of local specialists work with you to provide advice for your application, product demonstrations, installation, training and support.
Sponsored Content Policy: News-Medical.net publishes articles and related content that may be derived from sources where we have existing commercial relationships, provided such content adds value to the core editorial ethos of News-Medical.Net which is to educate and inform site visitors interested in medical research, science, medical devices and treatments.