Bugs and fevers are an inevitability that all parents should be prepared for because they are a part of growing up. Although we can’t stop our family from becoming unwell, we can ensure that we can take the best care possible of them when they are. There are lots of options to consider when choosing a thermometer for your medicine cabinet and this can make your decision more difficult.
Kinetik has put together a few tips to help you choose the right thermometer for your family.
What Are My Options?
Kinetik Wellbeing thermometers provide a choice of two styles – Non-Contact or Inner Ear. There is no correct option, however, the different styles might work better for different families. This guide lists the features of each and explains how they might be suited for different preferences and circumstances.
Inner Ear Thermometer
The Inner Ear Thermometers measure the temperature of energy radiating from the ear drum using an infrared ray. They are safe, quick and slip comfortably into the ear of your patient. This allows you to take their temperature without moving them around excessively or having to take off any clothes as this can be uncomfortable for someone who is feeling unwell.
Reasons to Choose the Kinetik Inner Ear Thermometer
- Stores your 10 previous readings – because it is hard to remember simple things when you are worrying about your unwell child
- Includes 20 disposable probe covers that can be easily changed if you have more than one person in the house who is poorly
- Comes with a handy travel pouch for safekeeping and so you can take it along when you travel
- Takes a 1 second reading with soft operation keys so that it will not wake your sleeping patient
- Gives a High Fever Alert for readings that are over 37.5 °C/44 °F
Digital Non-Contact Thermometers
Digital Non-Contact Thermometers measure temperature using infrared technology without contacting the patient. The last thing you want to do when your child is poorly is disturb their sleep or prod them when they are achy with a fever and this is why so many parents find non-contact thermometers so helpful.
There is no need to clean or reset Non-Contact Thermometers between uses so they are a good choice for families with more than one child.
Reasons to Choose a Kinetik Digital Non-Contact Thermometer
- Multi-modes to measure ambient, liquid and surface temperatures (check your child’s bedroom, bath water and milk)
- Gives a high fever alert for readings that are over 37.5 °C/44 °F
- Backlight to help you take readings in the dark
- No-touch technology is more hygienic and means less waste for use on the whole family
- 30 minute reading memory to help you monitor results and share with your health visitor or GP if needed
Affordable, compact size that’s well designed to grip, intuitive to use.
Which! User Review.
What to do if Your Baby Has a Fever – First Aid Advice
Kinetik Wellbeing has a unique partnership with the nation’s leading First Aid Charity – St John Ambulance. They both share a passion for helping empower families to look after their health by measuring, monitoring and managing health at home and understanding how to manage a first aid emergency. It can be very worrying when your baby has a high temperature or fever so it is both important and helpful to understand the appropriate action to take.
About Kinetik Wellbeing
At Kinetik Wellbeing we believe that technology has an important role to play in making all of our lives better. Our award-winning, affordable and accurate range of products allow you to independently take control of your Health and Wellbeing through regular checks and treatment in the comfort of your own home.
Pride in Product
From monitoring your Health and Fitness, to delivering exceptional beauty treatments that give the very best results, we take the development of our products seriously and test extensively to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Overseen by our parent company, Kinetik Technology Group, our highly experienced teams in the UK and Hong Kong continue to develop and manufacture a range of products for the Worldwide medical and wellness markets.
Sponsored Content Policy: News-Medical.net publishes articles and related content that may be derived from sources where we have existing commercial relationships, provided such content adds value to the core editorial ethos of News-Medical.Net which is to educate and inform site visitors interested in medical research, science, medical devices and treatments.