The biopharmaceutical sector has recently shifted its focus to the development of new biopharmaceutical concepts, including cell therapy, immunotherapy, gene therapy and antibody therapy. This has seen the industry move away from simply developing synthetic drugs.
The human body functions through an array of complex interactions. The preclinical stages of new drug development, however, typically see studies conducted without involving these interactions, for example, in vitro and ex vivo experiments.
IVIM Technology's ultra-fast three-dimensional laser scanning intravital microscopy instrumentation enables the direct observation of cells within living tissues, as well as observation of the movements of individual cells inside various organs of the body.
This technology enables investigations that had previously been impossible with MRI or CT.
Intravital microscopy also allows the simultaneous, precise and high resolution imaging of cells and molecules such as proteins and their surrounding microenvironments. It provides detailed process information at the cellular level, providing new insight into a range of diseases occurring in the body.
In vivo monitoring of drug efficacy and action
Contract research and development services from IVIM Technology provide the direct imaging analysis of drug delivery to target tissue and cells.
These services also provide vital data on the efficacy and mode of action (MOA) of new therapeutic candidates, allowing these to be investigated at microscopic cellular level in preclinical models of human disease.
Available techniques and processes include:
- Investigation into therapeutic candidates facilitating or inhibiting angiogenesis, for example, vessel normalization via anti-angiogenic therapeutic candidates.
- Investigation into anti-inflammatory therapeutic candidates, for example, MOA validation and efficacy monitoring of anti-inflammatory therapeutic candidates.
- Efficient efficacy monitoring of therapeutic candidates, for example, investigating tumor cell growth, death or metastasis following treatment with anti-tumor therapeutic candidates, investigating fibrotic collagen deposition and immune cell recruitment following treatment with anti-fibrotic therapeutic candidates, as well as changes in drug delivery, uptake and absorption.
- Effective in vivo imaging of drug delivery and clearance at target cells and tissues.
IVIM Technology’s contract research and development services also offer direct imaging analysis of delivery to target tissue and cells, efficacy and mode of action (MOA) for new therapeutic candidates at microscopic cellular level. This analysis can be performed in various preclinical models of human disease.
These include monitoring drug delivery and clearance in specific target tissues, For example:
- The delivery and clearance of fluorescently labeled novel therapeutic candidates
- BBB penetration and delivery to brain tissue
- Sustained drug release from drug complex types, such as skin patches and transplantable complexes
- The biodistribution of commercial anti-tumor drugs and novel anti-tumor therapeutic candidates in tumor and other tissues
The service can also investigate cellular uptake of therapeutic candidates by target cells and real-time intravital imaging of drug delivery and clearance in digestive and metabolic organs.
Image Credit: IVIM Technology
Image Credit: IVIM Technology
About IVIM Technology
IVIM Technology was founded based on the innovative technology of IntraVital Microscopy (IVM) developed by the Korea Advanced Institute of Technology (KAIST).
IntraVital Microscopy is a technique that enables you to directly observe the movement of live cells that make up living tissue in vivo.
With this technique, it is possible to distinguish an individual cell among a large number of cells in various organs, which is not possible with conventional biomedical imaging technologies such as MRI or CT, and to track the movement of each cell in three dimensions in real-time.
It is also possible to simultaneously image living cells in living organs, surrounding microenvironments, and molecules such as proteins which is impossible with conventional tissue analysis technology.
Furthermore, this enables us to analyze the in vivo efficacy of new biopharmaceuticals such as immunological, cell, gene, and antibody therapeutic agents acting in real living organisms at the cellular level which is the basic structural and functional unit of life.
The world's first All-in-One microscopy (IVM) platform developed by IVIM Technology explores the interactions among numerous cells inside the living organisms and will be the next generation high-tech imaging equipment to elucidate the complex processes of human diseases.
Sponsored Content Policy: News-Medical.net publishes articles and related content that may be derived from sources where we have existing commercial relationships, provided such content adds value to the core editorial ethos of News-Medical.Net which is to educate and inform site visitors interested in medical research, science, medical devices and treatments.