These UV Transilluminators are multitasking workstations which offer an ultra-violet source for the analysis of fluorescently stained DNA, RNA, and Protein electrophoresis gels. These also offer space to place tube racks, cutting tools or waste agarose.
Standard features include a high/low intensity safety switch and an efficient starter that allows each of the six 8-Watt UV tubes to energise quickly without flickering, while special filter glass minimises unwanted background light. All of these features maximise contrast and sensitivity, allowing even the faintest fluorescent gels to be viewed. Two dual wavelength models offer added flexibility and convenience.
- Three wavelength options:254/312/365 nm – two Dual wavelength models
- Long life filter
- High efficiency reflector
- Hi/Lo intensity switch
- Fast start up
- Safe, UV-free illumination of gels
- Increased sensitivity and contrast of DNA bands
- Enhanced cloning efficiency of DNA viewed with SafeCloner compared to DNA eluted from UV-irradiated gels
- Programmable microprocessor control
- Automatic monitoring of UV energy
- Small footprint with large interior
- Conspicuous front panel LED, with non-UV transmissible front door connected to safety interlock switches