Hospitals have long awaited an anesthesia machine that can be used close to their MRI scanner. The Dameca MRI 508 is it – the first in the world to perform reliably and accurately right next to diagnostic equipment with a strong magnetic field.
This innovative machine takes patient safety to a new level of excellence. The benefits are many:
- Tested up to 2,000 Gauss
- 3.0 Tesla approved
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Integrated breathing system
- Microprocessor-controlled ventilator with 8” highresolution color display and advanced ventilation modes, including PRVT
- High-level safety features
- Space-saving design
The Dameca MRI 508 has the unique ability to withstand up to 2,000 Gauss and is 3.0 Tesla approved. Tests in cooperation with leading MRI scanner suppliers have confirmed that diagnostic images and ventilator functions are undisturbed by nearby scanner operations. Reliable performance is guaranteed.
For patients and hospital staff, the machine improves safety and comfort and saves on time and space. Long tubing connections between the patient and anesthesia equipment are eliminated, minimising leakage risks and enabling the operator to respond more quickly to patient needs. Continuous platform development
Our commitment to ongoing innovation ensures our technological platform is continuously improved - and always equipped to satisfy the most demanding users. Through our use of the most up-to-date, open standard technology, our electronic user interfaces are already prepared for the integration of healthcare equipment in hospital networks.
No extra training is necessary to operate the Dameca MRI 508. We have given it the same user interface and breathing system as our well-known Siesta i Whispa and Siesta i TS, so operators can get to work straight away.
When not required in the scanner room, the Dameca MRI 508 can function as a conventional anesthesia machine in the operating theatre.
High-level safety features
The Dameca MRI 508 has a number of built-in safety features, including:
- Improved audible and visual LED alarm for easy monitoring from the MR operating room
- Hypoxic guard function, ensuring minimum 25% oxygen in the oxygen/nitrous oxide mix
- A slave regulator that cuts off nitrous oxide and gives an audible alarm in the event of a failed oxide supply
- A fresh gas switch between the breathing system and the auxiliary gas outlet
- An oxygen flow meter with separate outlet, including tube nipple, and integrated patient suction unit
- Automatic self-test at start up
- Built-in battery backup
- No drawers, eliminating the risk of magnetic materials being tucked away and forgottenperations. Reliable performance is guaranteed.