Metrohm is continually expanding its own range of columns and improving existing separation column types using state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and materials. The result is columns with excellent separating efficiency, short retention times, high stability, and low costs per injection.
The high-capacity Metrosep Carb 2 carbohydrate separation column is available as an iColumn. «i» stands for intelligent: In addition to the serial number of the column, all of its function parameters (e.g., maximum permissible pressure and maximum permissible flow) are saved on a single chip. Furthermore, data such as the operating hours and the number of determinations is recorded automatically and is made available to the IC system for monitoring the optimum performance of the column.
The Metrosep carbohydrate separation column is available in three lengths (100, 150, and 250 mm), each with inner diameters of 4.0 and 2.0 mm. It is ideally suited to the separation of sugar alcohols, monosaccharides, and disaccharides.
The Metrosep Carb 2 is ideally suited for routine analysis of carbohydrates and their derivatives. It has applications across a range of industries: Water and environmental analysis, in the pharmaceutical and food industries, forensic analysis, quality control of biofuels and cosmetics, and in life sciences.
- Sugars, e.g. monosaccharides, oligosaccharides, and polysaccharides, etc.
- Sugar alcohols, polyols, glycols, etc.
- Amino sugars, e.g. aminoglucose, galactosamine, etc.
- Anhydrous sugars, e.g. levoglucosan, galactosan, mannosan, etc.
- Saccharic acids, e.g. glucuronic acid, gluconic acid, sialic acid, etc.
- Substituted sugar compounds, e.g. glucose-6-phosphate, 2-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose, etc.
- Nitrite, bromide, nitrate in seawater with UV/VIS detection