Published on June 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAPP) today announced that the Company will present data on LEVADEX® (formerly MAP0004), an orally inhaled investigational drug for the acute treatment of migraine, at the 54th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Headache Society (AHS) in Los Angeles, CA, June 21-24, 2012.
The Company will present five poster presentations:
- Acute Inhalation Safety of MAP0004: Studies in Healthy Volunteers, Smokers, and Patients With Asthma: Analysis of three studies did not show a significant acute effect on pulmonary function associated with the use of MAP0004.
- Sustained Pain Relief With Dihydroergotamine in Migraine Is Potentially Due to Persistent Binding to 5-HT(1B) and 5-HT(1D) Receptors: DHE binds to 5-HT(1B) and 5-HT(1D) receptors, which play a key role in the acute treatment of migraine and, therefore, prolonged binding to these receptors may be a mechanism for the sustained pain relief seen with DHE.
- Rescue Medication Use in the Acute Treatment of Migraine During MAP0004 Pivotal Trial: This post hoc analysis shows that rescue medication use in the MAP0004 pivotal trial was significantly lower with MAP0004 than with placebo overall and across most demographic and baseline characteristics.
- Analysis of the Development of Allodynia: Correlation Between Migraine Duration and Severity: This retrospective analysis suggests that migraine severity is a significant factor in determining whether a subject will experience central sensitization, as measured by allodynia.
- Mechanism of Action of Abortive Migraine-Specific Medications: This review of the literature supports the different mechanisms of action of the two classes of migraine-specific drugs and suggests the nomenclature of seroto-adrenergic modulators (SAMs) and serotonergic- specific drugs to define these drugs based on their mechanisms of action, rather than their chemical structure.
All poster presentations will be presented at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles, CA from 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, June 21 through 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 23. Authors will stand by their posters to answer questions during the following times: Friday, June 22, 12:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. and Saturday, June 23, 1:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. All times are Pacific Time.
SOURCE MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc.