SkyeTek, Inc., the leader in RFID Solutions and HF and UHF Reader Technology, today announced the release of their latest Ultra High Frequency module, the SkyeModule Nova. The ultra-power-efficient Nova is based on a completely revamped architecture, including a fast and efficient Arm Cortex M0 micro controller and the latest UHF chip technology from Austria Microsystems (AMS).
The SkyeModule Nova is the result of years of experience in RFID technology development and system integration. With the growing demand for mobile devices equipped with RFID technology, Nova is released in perfect harmony to market demands.
This module is one of the smallest modules available on the market, at just a 25x30mm footprint, using the Mini-PCI Express half card form factor. It is the most efficient 500mW reader ever released, and utilizes a brand new MEMS based adaptive antenna tuning circuit to achieve the perfect impedance match with any antenna, every time.
"We now offer a product that is extremely high performance, power efficient, ultra small, and contains adaptive antenna tuning not seen before from an RFID module," said Brad Alcorn, President at SkyeTek. "We expect to embed this module into thousands of mobile computing devices in the next few years, giving our customers the perfect alternative to expensive, purpose built RFID scanners."
Daniel Frydenlund, Founder of the Stage Fund (SkyeTek's majority share holder) added, "SkyeModule Nova is SkyeTek's next step in a full line of high performance RFID modules and finished RFID readers. The Nova opens up markets previously unavailable to SkyeTek, and is an excellent addition to the product line."
- 860-960MHz UHF RFID
- 500mW output power, up to 10m read range
- Nominal input power of 2W at maximum output power (within USB power limit)
- 2 antenna ports with SkyeTek Adaptive Antenna Tuning
- Sleep mode current down to 10uA
- Mini-PCI Express half card form factor
- Reads and writes to transponders based on EPC Class 1 Gen 2
- Wide and efficient power supply with input from 2.0 - 5.5V
- RSSI and DRM (coming soon!)
- Easy migration from M7, M9 and M10
- Supported host interfaces include USB, TTL level RS232, SPI, I2C
- Global Regional Radio Support